Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Silver!!! 1912 Barber Dime :)

desimundo

A week and a half ago, I purchased a Minelab Explorer SE explicitly for coinshooting. Today was my third hunt with the machine, but the first with the 7.5" Minelab coil. Hunted a local park for 4 hours. I was pulling can slaw, Memorial cents, and beaver tails all day. 3 1/2 hours into the hunt I was tired and cursing the Explorer - even considering selling the thing. :ranting:

I decided to move from the soft ground to what was essentially a sand and rock, multi-purpose sports field. The ground was hard and crumbled when I dug. I had the screen wide-open. Iron was everywhere. About 10 minutes into the new ground, I got a fairly good signal. Large iron was on two sides of the good signal. I decided to dig.

I'm glad I did because down 4 inches was a 1912 Barber dime! Two inches away was a rusty nail. I'm now a believer in the Explorer!

Unfortunately, I scratched the thing, but I really don't care. It's my first silver!!! Just glad to be on the board. :biggrin:

Congratulations on a very nice find. Sometimes it pays to just stick with it even when we are tired, irritated, hot, and not finding much. I think my second silver was a 1911 Barber. They are a beautiful coin.

Congrats on your first Silver and Barber now its all down hill to finding more silver once you find the first good luck have A great year HH

great pull. barbers dont come easy. i only have two after years of detecting. stay with it. its frustrating to not find stuff but thats what makes it so great when you finally get something great. it wouldnt be fun if u always pulled stuff, well ok, mabye it would!!!

stay with it!

vacoinaddict said:
great pull. barbers dont come easy. i only have two after years of detecting. stay with it. its frustrating to not find stuff but thats what makes it so great when you finally get something great. it wouldnt be fun if u always pulled stuff, well ok, mabye it would!!!

stay with it!

Yeah. I think I could get used to silver popping out of the ground left and right. :lol:

Nice coin,wish I had one!
Only been out 3 times with AT PRO ,First dig ever British 1820 Gilt button.
Been digging caps, pennies,cans,ECT.on the last 2 outings.
YOU NEVER KNOW

Congratulations! :clapping:

A Barber for your first Silver - WTG ! :clapping: