Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First silver coin since moving to Texas.

Dan(NM)

I found my first silver coin of the year and first one since moving to Texas. I was laid up for 2 1/2 months after breaking my ankle 2 weeks after I moved here in the middle of Oct. I've spent the last 2 weeks jewelry hunting at a local lake and went down this morning for some more. Second signal of the morning was a 20-21 which turned out to be the silver earring, I figured I was digging a zinc. Within 5 minutes I get a solid repeatable 26, I thought for sure I was digging a clad dime. I was quite surprised and thrilled to see a Merc in my plug. I've dug several wheats here, but, figured they were strays in pocket change. The town was officially founded in 1984, so, a silver coin was the last thing I thought I dig. Messed around for another hour and half and was able to pull another silver ring from this spot. I have dug 13 rings so far this year, mostly silver, with 1 gold in the mix from the beach on the lake.

Nice find Dan hopefully there’s more!
Mark

Nice finds and all silver too looks like.
That ring should clean up good for you.
That mercury dime is in great condition!!!
Good job!!!

Thanks guys, I know it's only a merc, but, it's been awhile since I did anything but relic hunt. A silver coin is always a pleasure to dig.

And it's a 1944!!!

13 rings is a great start to the year!

Andy said:
Great finds Dan. Good to see you are still 'tecting.

Andy, (who used to life in Alamogordo.)

Thank you,

Hey Andy, are you in Germany now, it's been a long time.