Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Silver Dollar

Sorry, I haven't been on here for a while. We've been very busy at work and I haven't had the opportunity to go hunting much. I did get a chance to go to an old church that I've been wanting to hunt for a long time. I was told that it had been hunted many times, but I still wanted to try. It was a least an hour before my girlfriend and I found a coin, but the very first one was a loud sweet silver sounding 1-48 Fe-Co and out popped a 1879 Morgan Silver Dollar. I just couldn't believe it, I think my heart skipped a beat, it made my year and it's just January. We didn't find much else, a couple of wheats and $3.78 in clad. I will going back when I get a chance, there's bound to be something else there. Sorry, not the best pics.

Mike

EXCELLENT FIND!!!! congrats

i'm still looking for my first Morgan

WOW!! what a find that is amazing. I bet you were doing the happy dance!! Congrats.

Nice find that's a not everyday find !!!!:clapping:

Ray-Mo. said:

I have never even air tested a silver dollar just to see what it would read, so I was totally shocked when I seen that morgan laying there. I think it's the first time that I've ever held one in my hand (very heavy). It was up next to an old concrete base so I was only able to swing the detector one way, I was getting a loud silver sound with a 1-48 reading, but after I dug it out of the ground it tested 1-43. I did find part of an old rusty nut and bolt in the hole with it, so maybe that had an effect on my reading, I'm not sure. I'm one very happy camper though!!

Mike

Welcome to the club Mike! A huge Congratulations to you! Thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac

that is just outstanding work there pal !!!!!! If that was all I got during a hunt I'd say it was a darn good hunt !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow a big Silver Cart Wheel there! Just fantastic!!

I didn't realize how heavy these Morgan dollars are, it's hard to believe someone could drop one and not notice it, but I'm glad that they did. No wonder they are so hard to find.