Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First silver of the year!

ironsight

I don't normally post silver finds unless there's something unusual about them.
This was my second time out this year, the first was a near disaster.

Searched the trashiest area of a park and was finding only the occassional clad, pull tabs, iron, etc. then all of a sudden hit two wheats in a row in a small area. OK, there's got to be silver hanging around those wheats. Got an iffy sometimes coin signal but with iron mixed in, dug and out popped this shiny 1924 SLQ at 8", one of the few SLQs with a date i've found. Also recovered a small piece of iron wire from that hole.

Used my NEL Sharpshooter coil, 4TFerrous, man. sens, open screen.
The silver is still there in these pounded parks, just got to persevere using all the tricks in the book.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o273/moparado/1stsilver2016_zpsmqz9n0dc.jpg

What a beauty! Thanks for the story and the pictures! Congratulations on your SLQ!

NebTrac

Very Very Nice:surprised:..I havent found a SLQ since my old Teknetic Mark-1 Days.
Good job Ken!!:thumbup:

Amazing coin brother, great start for the year. If this was in O.P. it makes it even more of an awesome find. I know how hard it is to find silver in that place. Congrats.

hunter_46356 said:
Amazing coin brother, great start for the year. If this was in O.P. it makes it even more of an awesome find. I know how hard it is to find silver in that place. Congrats.

No, can't remember having been to OP since i met you there last year. If you remember I think you found a Washington that day and i got totally skunked searching a now apparently depleted old hot spot i hit a couple years ago. Did find a few more silvers there real early in the season though.

Drove by it a few days ago and seen a new sign posted on the baseball fence. Gonna check it out one of these days and see what it says.
Hope it doesn't say something like NO METAL DETECTING - VIOLATORS WILL PROSECUTED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW lol

I haven't been there this year but if I get a chance I'll check out the sign and let ya know..

Man you gotta love those Standin' Lib's with a date as you don't see many of those come out of the ground these days. Nice!