Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Silver Ring

AgIA

Got out after work for a little bit and went to a park near the river that I know had a golf course and a ball field on it in the 1930s. Was very excited but turns out there was pretty much nothing in the ground - not even much trash. I think this must be another case where the periodic flooding is burying the old stuff. I did find a little silver butterfly ring stamped 925 (my first decent ring) and the religious medallion. The big medallion was at like 10" - I thought I would never find it even though it was blowing my ears off. Then I thought it might be big silver initially but it looks to be an abstainance related item. There's got to be some old ground still exposed somewhere in this park but I've got to figure out where...HH!

Congrat's on your first silver. Now it will be a lil easier to find others.

If that place is where I'm thinking, CF. It's been hit pretty hard by a few guys with etrac's. I was there once this summer and didn't find much. I think they did a lot of dirt work in the golf course area. The Ball field would be your best area because it's still where it was in the 30's.

That was my other thought that it had been cleared out by other detectors but the lack of garbage tells me the dirt work or the flooding is part of it too. They were moving alot of dirt around today as well. It's interesting to hear about others in the area as I don't see anyone around but I know they must be here...