Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First silver Washington in quite some time

Larbear2

The other day I noticed that a house was being torn down and the lot was getting scraped. There was still equipment on the lot and part of the house was still standing. I told myself that I needed to keep an eye on it and search it when I could.
I didn’t get back as soon as I should and some others searched the lot before me. I know that because I met another detectorist who was searching the lot when I arrived to search it. He said that he was not the first to search, a couple of other guys had already searched it. So I was late to the party, no one to blame but myself.
I searched the lot anyway and found a couple of good finds in areas where the dirt hadn’t been disturbed yet. It has been quite a while since I found a silver wash. quarter but found a ‘43 plain today, down about 3-4 inches. The F70 gave me a good signal on it, I was sure hoping it was going to be a quarter as I had earlier found some deep trash that registered as a quarter. Also found a Ronson lighter that is in very good shape, it works. I don’t smoke but will take it hunting, camping. It was down 5 inches under some leaves and grass debris. Also found a little over a dollar in clad, padlock that had been clipped, toy car with no wheels, junk kids ring. GL&HH
image.jpg

It's was your right time to pull the finds no matter who been there before, and having the F70 is a fine machine, congrats on the coinage and a cool lighter, HHHANK

Quarters are always a welcome find! Never say never and hit the area in an angle approach that others dont. As said, its never hunted 100% out.

That is a nice lighter, congrats on the silver! It is NEVER hunted out, I got seconds on a tear out and was rewarded with a 77' seated this summer.
HH Jeff
Thanks Laplander, congrats on the seated! A seated coin is still on my bucket list. Yes, it is never hunted out.

Thanks Jim tn, it was nice that several of us had the opportunity to search the lot before they fenced it off.
If their not locking the fence.
I'd keep on going.
Especially checking those over burden piles they pushed off for any construction.
Wear a hardhat and vest.
Look like your on business.
I do that quite often. Wave at the cops and go right back to work. 🙂