Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Silver with the CTX

hubbler

Got my CTX in August along with Andy's book. Followed some of the recommended training configurations in local parks. Currently visiting my folks in SW VA. Have only been out detecting a couple of times so far. The first afternoon, I hit a local park for less than an hour and found the ring and over a dollar in clad. The next morning, I got out for 2.5 hours and hit an old carnival site--the same one I hunted with my etrac in June--and found the dimes and wheats. All three mercs were next to rusty iron (nails or bolts). The rosie was a clean signal, so I just missed it in June. Still have a few days, so hope there's more silver waiting to be dug.

Thanks for the positive comments gents.

My uncle took me to a church camp here in SW VA yesterday and found a few more keepers. All were 6-7" and rusty iron close by. Still dug twice as many rusty nails as silvers, but we'll worth the effort. My uncle also found the same silvers--a merc and a pair of rosies.

Really liking this machine.

Awesome. Seems you're really using that magnet well. I hope my luck works out the same way when I take mine out for the first time.

Eyeage, suggest you follow the training settings and configurations recommended in Andy's book. Matter of fact, I was using 2A when I found everything on the trip. Have "graduated" to a more open screen now, but think it's important to begin with baby steps to learn the machine.

Good luck and let us know how you're doing.