Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Silver With The Nox Is A Big Beautiful Barber

Sooper Dave

I bought an Equinox back when they first came out to use as a backup to my old Etrac and to use in the creeks. I have used it a couple of times in the water but haven't found much with it. I have been needing to get it out because I know it's a great machine. Yesterday I drove down to a spot where I have dug some Civil War relics in the past and decided to only swing the Nox so I could get used to it. My first good signal was a nice little pistol bullet and then just dug a few pieces of clad. I was going along and got a great high tone staying in the 30's. So I cut my plug expecting to find a can but was very surprised to see big silver in the hole. It was caked with dirt but could make out a little of the writing hoping that it was a Barber Half. Sure enough after getting some water on it I could see I had a nice 1908 Barber Half from New Orleans! What a great way to break in a new machine!

voqAcpl.jpg

Z01VkGf.jpg

9CWHSbS.jpg

kNkpU6k.jpg

Nice find Dave I'm stacking the halves so far in 2020 lol
I found a 1903 barber this summer O mint!again nice job as more people try the nox they see how well it finds!
Mark

What a great find, sounds to me like you should get that Nox out more often.
My best find of my life was a couple years ago and it was a 1902 Barber half O mint, I keep it right in the top of my tool box where I can see it often.

What a great find, sounds to me like you should get that Nox out more often.
My best find of my life was a couple years ago and it was a 1902 Barber half O mint, I keep it right in the top of my tool box where I can see it often.
Thanks and congrats on your Barber half! They are a thrill to dig!

I bought an Equinox back when they first came out to use as a backup to my old Etrac and to use in the creeks. I have used it a couple of times in the water but haven't found much with it. I have been needing to get it out because I know it's a great machine. Yesterday I drove down to a spot where I have dug some Civil War relics in the past and decided to only swing the Nox so I could get used to it. My first good signal was a nice little pistol bullet and then just dug a few pieces of clad. I was going along and got a great high tone staying in the 30's. So I cut my plug expecting to find a can but was very surprised to see big silver in the hole. It was caked with dirt but could make out a little of the writing hoping that it was a Barber Half. Sure enough after getting some water on it I could see I had a nice 1908 Barber Half from New Orleans! What a great way to break in a new machine!

voqAcpl.jpg

Z01VkGf.jpg

9CWHSbS.jpg

kNkpU6k.jpg
Nice condition. Full rims and a partial liberty. Way to go.

Big silver is always welcome. Nice grab