Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Silver.

kt

Been looking all year, and finally found that elusive first Silver. I have permission to hunt a school system near me that has some old grounds, and finally felt good enough to go check it out. I've been struggling with Plantar Fasciitis all summer long and haven't been very active, but today was a pretty good day. I took my Fisher F70 and my Eurotek Pro, but after a couple of hours of swinging the F70, I was getting frustrated, and switched over to my ET Pro for the rest of the morning's hunt. The vast majority of this was found with my ET Pro, including the Silver.

From left (sorry, terrible pic): a very worn 1907 Barber Dime (YAY!); a couple of rows of more modern clad Dimes; a couple of rows of modern Quarters and a 1945 wheat penny; three rows of modern zinc and copper pennies; some sort of metallic fob or decoration that is etched with an older version of Mickey Mouse (he has a pointy nose); and a solitary modern nickel.

That Barber Dime was at about 4 inches, and rang up on my ET Pro exactly like a doggone cruddy zinc penny: kind of a trashy high tone, and unsteady VDI that warbled from the high 70s to low 80s. I nearly passed it up but something made me go back and dig it. I'll never skip that trashy zinc penny signal again. :)

Congrats on your 1st silver....the largest gold ring ive ever dug up read exactly as a zinc penny so ya just never really know....

Congrats on your first silver! :clapping:
I too have Plantar Fasciitis and a heel spur on the same foot. Until I got orthotics I thought I was going to go nuts not being able get around well. I first got a pair from the new balance store - a little better but not enough for the long term. I then had my podiatrist take plaster molds of my feet and send them out for custom made orthotics. A new world of comfort, I can't walk normally without them. Those were $450. and worth every cent.

Thanks guys. I just dropped $300 on a set of orthotics myself, and I'm hoping they help with the pain. I'm looking forward to hunting these school grounds some more.

A huge congrats on your first silver and even better its a Barber :clapping: good luck on your next hunt HH

Congratulations on your Special Day! The 'first' silver is indeed a memorable event, and a Barber no less! Good Job.:clapping:
Mud