Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First silver

cedarswamp

Eq 800 arrived a few days ago watched videos on settings and feel comfortable with the basics went to an old spot where barber dimes were found before and found this 1893 dime.The problem Im having is on deep targets being iron sound good.What Im doing to remedy is pinpoint then turn iron audible on, if the pinpoint spot grunts I pass, most machines will high tone on the edge of iron at depth with the Etrac I could tell by the the curser on the screen upper edge would move left from where silver lands.The 800 will take some time to tell when listening to those real deep targets its only been a few days of use any tips would be appreciated,,,,,CEDAR

Attachments

• IMG_1151.jpg
    IMG_1151.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 165
Cool find...I’ve struggled with the deep iron issue as well..I’ve learned a lot but am certainly still learning this machine..I resorted to hunting in single frequency for a while as the multi frequency just seemed to make ev sound good... in my farm field environment I find it’s a matter of getting the recovery speed and sensitivity to work together for example a sensitivity setting of 20 might work well with a recovery speed of 5 or higher..once you get it close just making the smallest single adjustment can make a big difference.. a lower recovery speed tends to also cause a lot of iron hits..in the spot I hunt I find it necessary to set the ground balance..I set the ground balance about 1/3 or 1/2 of where auto ground balance would land,usually around 15-20 works best for me but I don’t know why...I find that a lot of the iron will still hit when you raise the coil several inches whereas most coins won’t until in clean ground and close to the surface..when I get my settings right the iron that hits will usually only hit in one direction unless it’s round like a heavy washer or horseshoe or sometimes the sheet metal with sound off but often ignores the thicker plate iron...good luck..

I also had my first silver with my new 800, it was a George V shilling dated 1922 on my local beach.

Nice find it will take a little while to get use to the deep coins I seem to have a good ear for them but the nox is no joke of a detector! I have found hundreds of deep silver coins in the two years I've owned mine spots that I've hunted first with my Etrac then my Deus.
Mark