Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Texas Omega Sales + 1

Markmac

Ok to all you Omega owners and to Monte for the great praise on the Omega,its all your fault lol.I could not hold out any longer i tried but you all would not give up and you wore me out with all the possitive things you have posted on the Omega 8000 by First Texas.I ordered the three coil pkg today was going to go with just the two coil pkg but every time i was about to order Monte or another fine user talked about the 5 inch coil and made me wait another day trying to decide so yes i blew my budget thanks to all you Omega owners and went with the three coil pkg ( thanks a lot lol).Im 55 been away from metal detecting for a lot of years did a lot back in the early to mid 80s but got away for some time now raising family and job that takes 50 hours a week.We lost our youngest son Matt who was 22 in oct of 08, its life changing and yes i still miss him every day.Six months ago i started reading this forum and joined about 4 months ago needing something to keep my mind busy and wanting to get back in to this hobby to stay busy on my time away from work.Have to admit i currently own a Tesoro Royal Sabre which i have had since new and still looks new lol and also a Garrett Master Hunter 7 ads.For 6 months i have waited for them to bring out a new machine,didnt happen but i kept reading and seeing all the new detectors First Texas and their engineering dept were bringing to market all the new Fisher and Tecknetics models and like a whirlwind all of a sudden every ones talking about this Omega 8000.I studied it hard and have read every review and post and u tube info on this machine and all i read is Excellent,can this thing really be this good, i guess i will soon find out.The past three weeks i have had chance to use the tesoro and garrett here in Illinois and have had decent luck but wanted newer technology at least in one detector so the Teknetics Omega 8000 it is.My decision now is if i have to sell one of the other models do i part with my Royal Sabre with two coils or the master hunter with two coils.the Royal i have since new but maybe as far as versatility goes the master Hunter is the one to keep yes its heavier but can do a lot.hey any advise here please give me your opinions.Thanks to every one of you for taking the time to post your thoughts and views and the help you give to others.Findmall is a fine forum and i thank you for helping me get excited again about this great hobby and to Ron Swanson of Detectors Unlimited Galesburg Illinois thanks for your help with my puchase of the Omega 8000.....Markmac

Thanks Gatorfan im looking forward to the Omega 8000 and to learn what this new machine can do..Markmac

Good luck with the Omega. I didn't know there was a dealer in Galesburg. I live in Wyoming.

Thanks Dave for the good wishes,Ron is the dealer i have bought my garretts from and my tesoros from so he was the one i called wanting to keep my business in town if i could.he has bought cars from the dealership i work at so you try to do business with the people that do business with you.Wyoming ill isnt that far from me hope you have a great season detecting this year.If you get to Galesburg i work at Yemm chev buick chrys jeep im sure you know the dealership stop in for coffee.Im the used car manager there would be nice to meet you if your in the area....Markmac

Try the 11 and the 5 inch and you are in for a treat!

Markmac said:
I ordered the three coil pkg today was going to go with just the two coil pkg but every time i was about to order Monte or another fine user talked about the 5 inch coil and made me wait another day trying to decide so yes i blew my budget thanks to all you Omega owners and went with the three coil pkg.
You might have spent some money, but you would have really "blown a budget" if you shopped for a 3-coil 'package' from anybody else. There's a lot of performance and versatility in the Omega 8000 3-coil set-up for a suggester retail of only $799.

Markmac said:
Six months ago i started reading this forum and joined about 4 months ago needing something to keep my mind busy and wanting to get back in to this hobby to stay busy on my time away from work.
Welcome back to the hobby. Sorry to hear that you've not been active for twenty-some years, leaving it up to others to nab some of the silver and other goodies that used to be easier to come by. :( On a bright side, however, we've progressed a bit since then so far as detector design.

Markmac said:
Have to admit i currently own a Tesoro Royal Sabre which i have had since new and still looks new lol and also a Garrett Master Hunter 7 ads.
They were both good units in their time, and since I was a Tesoro Dealer back then and always used what I sold, I kno that he Royal Sabre, for many, can keep up with a lot of what Tesoro offers even today! The Garrett punched deep in the All Metal mode, but represents the heavy and awkward packaging we used to have to put up with. Just about a complete opposite of the Omega 8000. :clapping:

Markmac said:
For 6 months i have waited for them to bring out a new machine,didnt happen...
Only 6 months? Most Garrett users have been waiting for over 6 YEARS to see anything mid-to-upper end come along. Tesoro still doesn't know how to make a decent Target ID model, either.

Markmac said:
... but i kept reading and seeing all the new detectors First Texas and their engineering dept were bringing to market all the new Fisher and Tecknetics models and like a whirlwind all of a sudden every ones talking about this Omega 8000.I studied it hard and have read every review and post and u tube info on this machine and all i read is Excellent,can this thing really be this good, i guess i will soon find out.
Yes, it is "that good." There still isn't such a thing as a single "perfect" detector, but the Omega 8000, especially with the 3 coil package, is one heck of a performer for a variety of hunting tasks. It does have a weakness or two, but for the dollar, the value and performance are surprising..

I know that after they first came out I was visiting with a Dealer friend of mine who said he thought the Omega and Gamma might be some of the better detectors on the market. He's sold on the Fisher and Teknetic's lines even though he's been a great White's dealer for quite some time. I toyed around with them at his shop, but at the time I didn't really have a need to change my detector battery. Over the past 6-9 months I tried working with more and more models in the field to see what might impress me. Oh, I had heard some positive comments about almost every detector out there, but a lot were coming from newcomers who lacked experience to be able to compare with other makes and models.

After Christmas I decided I was going to "thin the herd" and, being a big fan of smaller-than-stock coils and wanting to find a lighter-weight, versatile unit I just had to go with the Omega 8000 3-coil package, an I'm glad I did.

Markmac said:
The past three weeks i have had chance to use the tesoro and garrett here in Illinois and have had decent luck but wanted newer technology at least in one detector so the Teknetics Omega 8000 it is.My decision now is if i have to sell one of the other models do i part with my Royal Sabre with two coils or the master hunter with two coils.the Royal i have since new but maybe as far as versatility goes the master Hunter is the one to keep yes its heavier but can do a lot.hey any advise here please give me your opinions.
If I HAD to keep one of the two you currently have, it would be the Royal Sabre. However, it wouldn't surprise me if the Royal Sabre brought more than the Master Hunter 7. Honestly, there is such a marked difference in balance and 'feel' as well as performance that I'd probably sell BOTH of the older models.

Markmac said:
Thanks to every one of you for taking the time to post your thoughts and views and the help you give to others.Findmall is a fine forum and i thank you for helping me get excited again about this great hobby and to Ron Swanson of Detectors Unlimited Galesburg Illinois thanks for your help with my puchase of the Omega 8000.....Markmac
Yes, Findmall is certainly one of the best of the forums, and the Omega 8000 is worth getting excited about.

My suggestion would be to use the stock 10" concentric for a good 10-20 hours before checking out the 11" DD or even he 5" DD coils. That will give you an idea of just what the Omega has to offer as "standard issue", and then you'll be able to know when to take advantage of what the other two coils have to offer. I've tried to keep my spare coils mounted on lower rods for quick coil changes afield. If you haven't done that, get a hold f your dealer.

As you learn more about it from time afield, feel welcome to ask questions if you have any, and share you excitement and stories about hunting success.

Monte

Thanks Low/Boy im sure having all three coils will cover any need in the field that i have and hey i like treats and nice finds as well as anyone lol.have a great day and thanks for the comments...Markmac.

First I would like to welcome you to the Omega family and to the forum, you are in for a whole lot of fun,if you have never had a detector with a DD coil before you are in for a shock,DD coils excel in target separation, and deeper than a concentric coil, compared to a DD I wouldn't give 2 cents for a concentric, and after you use it for awhile you will say the same thing, you will be surprised how well you can use it in trash to pick out good targets,on top of the DD coil there is a black circle that marks the center pin point, with a DD coil you center the target then move 90* and center again then dig your target. I started with a ads 7 garrett moved through the garrett line to the 2500, last spring I got a F-70 with a DD coil this was my first experience with a DD coil this was a real eye opener, I found more silver in a year than all the years before because of masking of targets with the concentric coils, I would suggest you start right off the bat with the 11 inch DD coil that way you want be getting confused about pinpointing, and in real trashy areas use the small DD, there is no benefit in using a concentric coil this is old technology the DD coil is the best thing they have invented for a detector in years. I am sorry to hear about your son, you are right about getting your mind onto something else and coin shooting is the perfect thing because you have to really concentrate to what you are doing, if I or anyone on here can help you in any way don't hesitate to ask. and by the way you get maximum iron separation with the discrimination set on 16.HH :detecting:

Hi Monte,i sure enjoy reading what you have to say and thank You for your patience and help to others.Yes you are right on the budget part a three coil pkg from any one else would have cost much more and thats one of the reasons i went with the three coil pkg knowing for the money it was time to do it now,plus all the possitive reports from you and others on here.its good to be back in the hobby and for the exercise ,didnt realize how sore i would be after hunting for hours getting up and down lol guess my body isnt what it use to be.Its nice to hear the praise from you and the others saying yes it is that good talking about the Omega.Your right about the resale value of the tesoros its amazing what some of them do bring used and my Royal honestly is a nine out of ten in condition and has the 8 inch and the 11 inch i think it is so it very well may bring more then the master hunter and maybe your right sell them both but i have time for that heck maybe i will sell them both and get the wife a delta 4000 that way we have two machines that we can change the coils with and that would be a nice turn on and go machine for her since she wants to get in to this hobby as well.Im going to take your advice and use the standard coil for the first week or so to learn some basics about the Omega,it will be tempting to try that 11 inch dd coil but i know your right on using the standard coil to begin with and i did order one extra lower rod for the dd coil maybe i need a third huh lol you guys keep costing me more lol but its sure nice to discuss things with you and the others on here.I have never used a dd coil before always had concentrics so will be a learning curve maybe on the pinpointing with one but i have read your other comments on here about coins on edge and pinpointing with a dd coil so thanks Monte for that advise to us all on here.Have a great weekend Monte and im sure i may have questions for you and all the others out there using the Omega 8000.....Markmac

Cache Man thank you for the comment about my sons passing,its been a very hard year and half for us but you have to keep pushing on and yes this hobby is helping to keep my mind concentrating on listening to what the machine is saying so yes it helps thanks.Thanks for the welcome to the Omega family the more i read from you guys the more im looking forward to learning the Omega.I have not used a dd coil before so your excitement about it has me wishing i was retired and had each day to be out finding coins.I have read your comments on pinpointing with the dd coil twice and will keep rereading all the information from you all on what to expext and how to set the Omega.I have heard many times about the disc set at around 16.Do you and the others notch out anything after setting disc at 16 for coin hunting.I hope i find your right about finding more silver with the coil pkg that it comes with.Its nice to know all of you are out here to answer questions for us on our new Omegas and trust me its much appreciated everything that is posted.Have a great day Cache Man....Oh by the way Cache Man im ready to be Shocked when the Omega arrives and i have a chance to start using it....Markmac

Yes you will be surprised, when I first got the Omega I didn't disc out anything I always run the sense and gain wide open, I detect at a 1870's site and as it got dryer here I started running the disc on 16, now that its dry is it usually is in august I find myself running the disc on 75 now to keep it quiet, but I am still finding silver, if you don't run the gain (the blue blocks on the sense) high you want hear a small target like a dime at 8", the gain makes the target appear larger. Have fun HH:detecting:

The new Omega showe up today picked it after work tonight i think im going to like this lol.Have read the manual front to back tonight but i know i will read it several times more for reference.was bench testing in the house tonight for a short time listening to the diff tones and they are diff from my other detectors and from one tone to two and then three and then to four.I think i like three and four tones the best and i have some leraning to do to seperate a few of the tones but that will come in time but that high tone on silver is no mistaking that one for any other thats for sure.Any recomendations on settings some of you use would be appreciated.I read all i can on here about the Omegs that other people use and it sure seems highly rated....Hope to be able to take it outside this weekend if the rains stop here in Illinois...have a nice weekend everyone...Markmac

Yes i have looked at an Omega for months now and took the plunge.
I also have a Minelab SE, plus the "tennis elbow" that goes with it.
It will be a delight to use such a light machine. I dont expect the same performance, but will enjoy metal detecting a bit more, with less pain. :thumbup:

I want an 11" coil next, But over here in the UK they are very expensive, so it will have to wait for a while.
Good hunting everyone.

Good for you chaddy, i hope you enjoy the new Omega, im sure looking forward to geting out with mine.maybe today after work if time permits but looks like more rain here in the land of Lincoln...have fun....Markmac

Markmac, pinpointing with the stock coil on the omega is a breeze. The center of the coil is where your target will be. Listen to your machine and what it is telling you. When you hit on a coin the sound will be very crisp and clear. There will not be any breakup of the sound or anything. (unless you hit a corroded penny, then it breaks up a little bit).

It is a great machine and I am so happy that I jumped on the band wagon last year.

had my first chance after work to try the new Omega,it ground balanced at around 60 i was using three tones then tried four tones just trying to learn what its trying to tell me .Only had about 30 min with it before it started to rain but found two pennies lol oh and yes i found pull tabs i hunt a large park that i live very close to that is lettered with them but i didnt notch them out has disc set at 16 but i can tell this is going to be a fun machine it sure tries to talk to you i just dont understand her language yet but i will get there.i did notch pull tabs about ten min before i had to quit and i can tella diff there it ran quieter.was using the standard coil for now want to use it first.Do the rest of you notch out tabs when hunting a park or do you just go by the number to id what is there.its going to take time im sure to know what the nubmers are telling me the owners manual gives a guide but im sure there are many diff objects that id in diff areas.i did not hunt in the a t mode just used that to find quiet ground to do the ground balance on.Any tips or suggestions feel free to post them.have a great evening...Markmac....lafatlifethanks for your message,the pinpointing went ok it sure makes a diff sound then im use to with my other brands but i didnt have trouble hit most targets first or second time with the coin probe...

My self I have notched out Iron, foil,pull tabs,s caps, and dig when I have a small repeatable signal, and i have disc out everything except dime and quarter it all depends what is called for at the place you are detecting,I use the factory default 3 tone, Good Luck,HH :detecting:

Only problem with notching out pulltabs is you notch out some gold rings as well although like anything else it depends on the ground.

Its that way on any detector I do not look for gold rings, I am not going to dig 100-200 pull tabs to try to find any gold rings, I done that years ago and never found gold of any kind, I found a gold ring last summer but I could tell it was gold a ring just by the sound on my F-70,
two weeks ago I was at a park trying out my new Omega and a young lady ask me to go to another park and look for her gold ring she lost on Easter Sunday, She showed me the general area she thought she lost, it it took my all of 3 minutes to find it with my F70 again I don't dig pull tabs. HH:detecting: