Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out in a long time...just some moldy oldies

ironsight

Sunny and mid 70s, so made time to get in some detecting at one of my favorite pounded parks.
Charged the batteries, slapped on my Hunter coil and away i went.
Decided to hunt a remote area of the park i only lightly detected a couple years ago.

The Barber was about 5 inches and the rest were anywhere from 7 to 9 inches. All were iffy at best in dense iron.
This park has nothing but sloppy seconds left!:sad:

Even though some of those coins are toasted, it felt good getting out again.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o273/moparado/10_21_15_zpsgurzlj6g.jpg

good ones and glad you got out for a change....!!!!! Weather here cold as hell in the morn but real nice afternoons. I've been out everyday lately with not much to show for it. Worked 2 privates (1910, 1915 church), and started a 3rd yesterday and have dug 32 wheats on the 3rd private so far and not even a lousy rosie? Podunk really sucks on the privates lately.........

keep em coming...........

I wouldn't call that Barber dime sloppy seconds but the IH's are in pretty bad shape. I'll take those coins any time I'm out MDing.

Congrat's on the nice finds....

oneguy said:
good ones and glad you got out for a change....!!!!! Weather here cold as hell in the morn but real nice afternoons. I've been out everyday lately with not much to show for it. Worked 2 privates (1910, 1915 church), and started a 3rd yesterday and have dug 32 wheats on the 3rd private so far and not even a lousy rosie? Podunk really sucks on the privates lately.........

keep em coming...........

Yeah it felt great getting out again and on an almost perfect Fall weather day too!
Wow, 32 wheats and no silver! That is unusual, must of been kids playing around with pennies or something?

The parks here are definitely drying up so much so next season i just might have to start kkknnockking on doors too. :huh:

Mark in S.E. IA said:
I wouldn't call that Barber dime sloppy seconds but the IH's are in pretty bad shape. I'll take those coins any time I'm out MDing.

Congrat's on the nice finds....

Mark, yeah by 'sloppy seconds' i guess i meant all the easy better condition old coins have already been harvested in all the historic parks around here. All thats left are the real tricky deep ones that others walked over for whatever reason. To give an idea just how pounded these parks are, i seldom find clad in them. Didn't find any clad yesterday just those 5 moldy coins and that Barber which saved the day.

Getting our first rain here other than one 5minute shower in 4 months. Hope it keeps up for a few days like they say. Will actually be able to do some detecting.

Great finds. I will feel lucky at this point with a few wheat and maybe a merc.

If it's the park across the street from me. I got a few IH and a merc from the tear down to the admin building

XP-Man said:
If it's the park across the street from me. I got a few IH and a merc from the tear down to the admin building

Hows it goin Xp! Can't remember the last time i detected that park in your neck of the woods. Got skunked there one too many times and finally gave that place up.
I have to detect that park at least once before the snow sets in if nothing else for old time sake. The tear out sounds interesting.
By the way what happened to Craig? Seems he abruptly quit posting here.

Most of my free time this Summer has been with an extensive renovation of my old Jeep and the rest fixing other vehicle issues, chores and a home catastrophe mixed in!
And now just when the dust has finally started to settle, the other day while doing some brush hogging on my property my old Farmall tractor's engine started giving fits.
It never ends!