Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out on river in new skiff SLQ silver dimes

Mark kus

It was my maiden voyage on my new to me stonnington skiff it’s 15’ with a 1993 25 evinrude.
It’s does about 28 knots on my GPS perfect and very seaworthy high sides.
Well I hit a river spot all rocks loaded with iron using the Manticore the first silver was the SLQ barely sticking out of the rocks a few wheat pennies some clad and two more silver Rosie’s no date on the SLQ the one dime is 1957 can’t make out the other one I was only out for a few hours lots of lead digging those to find gold.
Very happy with the boat boy the old two stokes have way more torque than the four strokes use a little more fuel but definitely worth it .
Should have brought one of my rods lots of stripers now on top!

Attachments

• IMG_2919.jpeg
    IMG_2919.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2918.jpeg
    IMG_2918.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 69
Thanks Jeff its my go to areas that are virgin I never know what will pop up its incredible hunting a good GPS with charts is a must.
Mark

There may be another Mariner here lurking about. Beautiful boat Mark.
Thanks its a perfect shallow water skiff that is very seaworthy I like my other skiff but it was just not enough freeboard and I do a lot of striper blue fishing and in the fall Tuna mostly on fly rod.
this I feel safe in when it can get rough.
Mark

Attachments

• IMG_1091.png
    IMG_1091.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1023.png
    IMG_1023.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 10
Thanks it’s a perfect shallow water skiff that is very seaworthy I like my other skiff but it was just not enough freeboard ……
this I feel safe in when it can get rough.
Mark
Exactly, when it gets rough, close to enough isn’t reassuring. No one needs that kind of stress.