Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out with CTX 3030

Coinstar

I just went for a quick one hour hunt. I wanted to make sure the battery in the wireless headset unit and the detector itself was charged.
I have been to this elementary school many times with both Whites V3i and Garrett GTI 2500. I just used the stock coin program right out of the box.
No adjustments. I just went around the fence of the field. I dug everything, since I don't really know this machine yet. The only deep target I dug was a target that bounced a little but was solid.
One sweep it came in at about 10 inches. Then in another direction solid at 8 inches. But different tones. At about 8 inches I found the Merc. I swept the hole again after I dug it and it showed another
target so I dug another 2 inches right below the Merc was what looks like a rusty nail. Everything else was 2 - 6 inches down. One thing I really need to get used to is the pinpointing. I was dialed in with
the V3i but this one I tend to be off by about a 1/2 inch to an inch. The other thing is the screen tends to get a lot of glare. I have to take off my sunglasses to read it sometimes.
Here's most of what I found. I did find a few bottle caps and pull tabs but I threw them away, about 5 total. Not sure what that thing with the ring like thing is. It has threads so a key of some sort?

WELL DONE:clapping:

My Husband had the V3i and Hated it

Before our Beloved ETs we had the DFXs and enjoyed them

Never thought we would give up our ETs but really having Fun with our 3030s

Good Luck

I know a way that you can deal with the glare a little and still read the numbers on the screen. In the options go to the Display. Next select Detect Screen. From there make sure there is a check mark by Large ID Panel. After you have done this, when you scan over a target, there should be two large numbers displayed in the center of your screen. They made it translucent so that you can still see the target trace. Nice finds and hopefully you can upload some larger pics so I can see the detail of the coins. :heh:

Hopefully these are better.. Learning how to post pics..Got them a bit too small :rolleyes:

Cool. That's a lot better. Very nice Merc and I can relate to the nail being right under it. The other day I found my first silver with my CTX. It was a 1964 Washington. A nail was right on top of it. To boot, the nail was larger than the one depicted in your picture. Funny thing is I found gold before I found silver with the CTX. All in the same yard. The gold was inside of a copper ring with two women figures engraved on both sides of the band lifting their hands up towards where the stone would have sat. Where the stone was at and what may have held the stone in place, was the gold rim inside of the copper band. Unfortunately, I could not find the stone. Maybe a diamond? I might upload pics of my finds later. Just wanted to share that with you. :cool: