Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out with etrac

GazinUK

Few bits, nice 1839 silver shilling, lead trade weight (medieval/Tudor)
But now a question, this machine seems really slow with its recovery rate, way slower than my XS, any ideas? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20201031_131612.jpg
    IMG_20201031_131612.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 128
Personally, for the few months I had the eTrac this summer, I did NOT care for the slow/slurred response from the machine. You can actually overcome this with a faster sweep speed, and cure it a little bit by choosing “FAST” recovery, although your ID will suffer slightly. The length and speed of your sweep has something to do with it also, but for me, I like my Explorer and CTX much better for audio. Others are the exact opposite with their observations/opinions of the audio, so whatever suits you and allows you to produce results is where you should go with that.
Nice work on the first outing though!

Give it time... you'll learn the machine.

Silver tho, your first time out... I won't hear any complaining!

Those are the right bits and bobs, quarter stators and farthings are in you future. Adjust your sweep speed to the amount of targets ie more targets slow sweep speed. Its magic when you get it right your machine is giving out lots of information.
HH Jeff

Those are the right bits and bobs, quarter stators and farthings are in you future. Adjust your sweep speed to the amount of targets ie more targets slow sweep speed. Its magic when you get it right your machine is giving out lots of information.
HH Jeff
I have a slow sweep speed, and I use a 13" coil. I've a question, is there a wrap around effect with the iron?

I have a slow sweep speed, and I use a 13" coil. I've a question, is there a wrap around effect with the iron?
Iron is a funny creature ancient iron I would say is different than modern but yes would be the appropriate answer. Pay attention to the response signature { sound and ID} then dig any way its the only way to be sure as you build confidence in your new kit.
HH Jeff