Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out with Manticore.

nalc472

Had my first time out in a field down by the Ohio River in my hometown. The first target dug was a sash buckle. Found a Token that says "good for 5 cents in trade, Simmons." Believe it is made out of copper and has a 1918 date on back. So far I think I will love it. I did really no adjusting. Just fire out right out of box. Will hope for greater finds soon.

Nice glad you got yours a lot of people still waiting for their Manticore..
Mark

getting used to te detector. Seems to be a lot of chatter with the Manticore. Trying to get it more stable. Might just be all the iron in the ground. Just need to get it all figured out. ALready might have myeq800 sold.No turning back now

So is the " chatter" in the ground feedback or emi in the air.
Fast mode would be my first move, I don't care for pitch audio so I changed it to match the general mode. Raising your ferrous limit to say 12 or 13 will impact "chatter" as well. Just like the Equinox raising recovery speed will affect Iron and mineralization noise.
I can't emphasize enough slowing down your sweep speed in heavy iron, our brains aren't fast enough to interpret what the detector is capable of.
I am guessing an update is in the works.
HH Jeff