Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out with my new XP DEUS

Sonny1965

Can't wait to try out my new machine!
Going my favorite hunted out park.XP should do well.

Take is slow keep is simple dig all tones and learn the machine.

I just got my XP Deus yesterday. If only the ground weren't completely covered in snow!

Can any of you XP Deus veterans share some of your programs or techniques? I graduated from an AT Pro which is a great detector in it's class, but this Deus is a whole new level.. I'm set up with the 9' coil and the WS5 headphones.

I'm itching for the new 4.75x9.5 coil. There are some gold fields not far from where I live that are screaming for attention.

Good luck with your new Deus ! :detecting:

Coin Count 55 2 cars and a garden hose nozzle brass older type . I just want to say a Big Thank You to Calabash for putting up a comparison of a particular Brand of metal detector against the Deus and everything that was mentioned in his comparison was absolutely true in my Use of this particular detector over the past year. So I purchased an XP DEUS . I never in my life had so much fun on a first day out with a Metal Detector that was brand new to me. I researched watched videos etc. Still its not hands on with just you and the Detector. This machine is a beast. Its fast !Its light ! My goodness when it hits a target in the keeper range there is no mistaking " should I dig this one? " To say the least this metal detector won me over big time. the park I hunted today is an OLDER park I have found silver there at times. I have always taken any new detector (to me) to this park. It has just about every situation there with exception to saltwater. It handled everything. I used Calabash's Programs Relic and Sifter , Heath Jones Relic, and Goldfield I hunted mainly one section of the park and kept going back over the same areas with these programs ... All found coins the other programs missed so each program specializes ...very kewl. I am so glad I purchased this machine. I thank anyone who takes the time and posts anything about the Deus whether its programs ,comparison tests or actual hunts in the field with the Deus ! Sonny

them coins hit hard Ive run my machine in full tones since I got it and can tell those tones because ive dug so many, what im saying is get you a audio and stick with it and learn the nuances of it and you will be a coin shooting master with the deus. congrats on the finds man you killed it. btw I think full tones is the best audio on the machine imo.

That's quite a haul for the maiden voyage! Full Tones will really help with "audio quality" of round targets vs irregularly shaped items. Aluminum won't have as smooth a response as copper or silver targets - keep up the good work and the more hours behind the machine, the more you'll be rewarded! :clapping:

Just got mine yesterday, can't wait to use and learn it.

I am looking to purchase my first Deus. I have used both the AT Pro and the AT Gold over the past year and have done very well with those machines but I would like to take detecting to the next level and I think the Deus can do that for me. Not to mention that my shoulder is now painful so having a lighter machine is a very big plus for me.

I am looking for a used machine, so until I get one all I can do is read all of your posts to begin my learning experience. Thanks for sharing everyone!

When I got my first deus, I read and watched all I could. I ran the programs and settings that knowledgeable people said were the schnitzel. I didn't get along very well with it. So I passed it along, to quickly. At the urging of someone way smarter than I, I got back in another. Now, I use full tones in plowed field and homesteading. I use four tone in modern parks. Works better for me . Guess what I'm trying to say is don't be afraid to try settings that sound and work better for your ears and areas.