Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out with the F75 LTD2

Crusty

Finnally got a chance to try out the new F75 LTD2 this morning at a large park with some age and of course it's share of iron and trash. I only lasted about 90 minutes until the city showed up to cut the grass so I packed it in. To say this machine is sensative is probably an understatment.

My settings were disc mode, disc at 25, sens at 70, no notch, tones 4, bp & default process. I used 4 tones because I normally use an Explorer SE so I'm use to lots of tones coming at me. My finds in the short time I had were just a few deep rusty nails and a couple pennies. Not being used to the tone and VID working independant of each other was interesting as I was sometimes getting a high tone with a VID of 1 to 5. In these cases I trusted my ears. I dug a few ghost targets which I'm not use to doing so I'm not sure if I missed the target while PPing or if it was rusty iron and very deep. Sometimes I would hold down the menu button to quickly go from bp to default process to see the difference. I did like the longer tones while in bp. Either way this machine is FAST......especially compared to my Explorer.

I found the menu a joy to use and really liked having everything right there on the screen. It only takes a few seconds to double check all your settings. No menus, sub menus, and sub sub-menues. I'm usually very good at PPing with an 11" DD coil, been doing it for yesrs, but found the F75's 11" biaxle a challenge to PP. Any tips on this would be appreciated.

Back to work again on Wednesday so I will take the F75 out again tomorrow to another location. The Black Flies are terrible right now and can't use bug spray because it's hard on platic so it might be a blood bath:ranting:

Dave

n/t

When pin pointing move the coil north and south to where your are standing and mark the position where the tone drops off. Should be the same spot and location of target.
Or pinpoint moving the coil to the strongest signal and lowest depth number. Should be under the center of the coil.
This is something you can practice just by dropping a coin on the ground

My advise is don't try to pp in all metal mode, pp in disc mode and this will give you a ' cleaner' area to pp in. Use the east to west sweep 1st to get your 1st position/then stand 90 degrees from your original Stance and sweep again to get your north southposition. This is simple and it works great, I've been using this method for about a year now.

While Pinpointing with the trigger pulled and slightly (little off center) over the target..... releasing & Re-activating the PP trigger will re-tune and shrink the target for better PP.

Also if the 4 tone gets crazy on you..... switch over to 2F it should run smoother

Also while checking a Target for ID..... make sure your swinging fast as doing it slow will cause bouncy ID numbers

Good luck & HH

lots of good advise on pinpointing one more thing is very shallow targets can be hard to pinpoint if this happens try raising the coil some while pinpointing gl hh