Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out with the vanquish

Texan

I always us my nox 800 but decided to try out the Vanquish with the eight inch coil.You must set a notch on the vanquish to cancel any items because unlike the 800 no tone adjustments.I found setting the notch a little more difficult because you notch out bars under icons and not numbers.Now for the hunt.
I took it out to a well hunted site where I test new machines.It was a pleasant hunt even though I didn't find anything of value.Decided to head to a park where a kids amusement park was in the 1950's. Not sure I have the excact located of kiddy land but did find a wheat first time there with the nox. Didn't find any old but got 9 memorials, four quarters, and a dime.The machine seems to peg the quarters extremely well.
In conclusion I would recommend the vanquish for the beginner as well as the seasoned hunter.

Texan, good write up for that outing.

Did you test any gold items to see what it will produce?

Tony NJ

Texan, great write-up! Your experience so far is just like mine. I got the 340 and it will hit hard on good non-ferrous targets with tight numbers and solid tones, very much like the Equinox.
I'm still learning how it responds to iron but it is similar to the Equinox there too. Really like it. I wish I could have started out on a detector this good.

Jeff

Didn't try any gold items but was accepting nickels. Got to confess after so many beaver tails I quit digging nickel sounds. Did realize bottle caps seem to come in at 19 so could pass them up.

Texan, I don’t like that about bottle caps at 19. Drives me crazy because it crosses over to gold or indian head cents.

I hear you about nickels and tabs but I still try for them after the silver numbers aren’t coming up.

Tony NJ