Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Time Out with the Vista Gold Hound

Richard@BackwoodsDetectors

Findmall Sponsor
The Vista Gold Hound is a straight forward machine that is easy to use. It comes with the stock 11" coil and cover, battery holder, new set of batteries, velcro arm strap and a small card with instructions that you can use in your computer's card reader. ( I can print you out a paper copy if you want one.)
The build quality is excellent and the detector comes packaged well from the factory. All Deeptech detectors come with a 2 year warranty and we have a service center here in the United States.

I went to an area that has been hunt heavily for the last 50 years or so and it is extremely hard to find anything. I wanted to see if the VGH could fine anything that might have been missed. The first thing that I noticed was that this place was filled with small pieces of iron and yet the GH could "see" in between the iron. I thought that was exceptionally good for an 11" coil. I dug 3 or 4 pieces of ground slaw and raised the discrimation to knock out small aluminum. When a questionable high tone came in, all you have to do is turn 90 degrees and swing again. The detector is correct almost everytime in determining if it is ferrous or a good target.
Both the pin and the clasp came out of iron and I suspect going back with a 5.5" x 8.5" coil would produce even more.

Any questions, you can email backwoodsdeterctors@comcast.net or post on this thread.
HH Richard

Attachments

• P8190002.JPG
    P8190002.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 127
  • P8190003.JPG
    P8190003.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 129
Richard, Glad you were able to get out & run the new Gold Hound. That small jewelry piece is pretty neat. The other item is a reed from a pump organ/accordion. Both indicate some good age at that site.

The note's key should be stamped on the back of the reed plate.