Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out with vision

It was kind of trashy and it also was right beside a side walk, so it was jumping around some. I was hunting in 2.5 single freq. and it had a good sound and showed 83 when hit from different angles. it was about 6 in.

You are off to a great start, congratulations on the Barber.

Great find! What kind of condition was it in? Was it mint marked? In all my years of detecting, I have never found a Barber Quarter? Halves, dimes and even quite a bit of Seated. No BQ's. Congrats!

Great find shwebb! I have one barber dime to my name, found with my Ace 250 of all detectors. I would consider it my best coin find, it's a 1914p in EF40 condition. It was only 1" down.

I love Barber Halves and a Barber Quarter would truly make my day. Congrats!

Can you share the rest of your settings with us? What program you started with and anything else you may have tweaked?

And was there something specific about the new Vision that allowed you to make the find? Yes, awesome find!

Send your finds in:
>>Would you please let the forum posters know that if they find anything neat
we'd love to feature some early finds on our website or in an upcoming
flyer? They can send to Cari: cbrewer@whiteselectronics.com<<

Good Luck
Jerry

They want pictures of your finds with the Vision, not your finds.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,931994

1896 Barber that'll get your heart pumpin......how was the sound on that Q with the Vision? Did you know it was a silver Q from the id information or did you get a surprise? Nice dig bro Congrats!

such as:

What type of site?

Have you hunted it much before?

What depth and conditions (trashy, brushy, etc. ?

Using the stock 10" or a different coil?

Which factory program and with what settings?

We all know location is a key, but you just never know what can surprise you. At the local club meeting on Tuesday evening a member, James, had been hunting a parking strip in Vancouver, Washington. He was mainly popping modern stuff but hoping for any silver, Roosie or Merc. From about 2" he popped out a very nice looking 1839 Seated Liberty 10