Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time with EX SE and a first find

Eddie(AL)

I've been detecting about 7 years and making some nice finds with a Whites XLT-e and decided to give the Explorer a try. So I traded in some sliver and gold and bought a lightly used Explorer SE. I've read the manual, working through Sabisch's latest book, learned from forum discussions and online videos and begun to get some understanding about the Explorer. So I went out last weekend for a bit and started working on some field-education. We were at an old school playground where we had found some non-modern coins in the past. After picking up some wheats and modern coins I hit a nice signal and dug my first standing liberty quarter at about 5-6 inches. I guess I'm going to like this machine.
[attachment 150703 SLQ-1928s.jpg]

And .... you can read the date... :thumbup:

Congrats Eddie!!! I LOVE SLQ's. Great machine there, I am sure you will learn to appreciate what it can do.

Standing Liberty's are one of the most desirable coin's to find. 50% have the dates worn off. You did good.
Good hunting,Gary

Great find! The only way anyone will SLQ's any more is to pull them from the ground.

haha, yeah rub it in Eddie. I knew I should have kept that place a secret :cry: