Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time with V3i

magic

Went out today for a little while and knocked a door next to where I had been detecting before. The lady said sure so I started detecting the back yard. (not much front at all) First good target was a wheat and it just got better from there on! This is the first time using the V3i for me and it does seem a little different than the V3. I used my program that I use on the V3 except I let it auto track for me and the tracking is alot better than on the V3. It did seem I couldn't turn it up as high as my V3 but I have only used it once so I will have to play with it some more and get the feel for it. I am not 100% comfortable with it yet as it is different acting from the V3 using the same program. I wanted to take the pics outside before the sun went down so didnt have time to clean it all up yet. All in all though, A great day hunting!
Thanks for looking!

DSCF0002-9.jpg

DSCF0001-8.jpg

Great finds! private yards are my favorite to detect. I often spend my lunch hour driving around town asking permission to set up places for the weekend. Congrats.

Another great day of hunting magic...........:thumbup: We usually hunt private property too but the ground is so dry, we are going to wait until we get some heavy rain.

Once again absolutely unbelievable hunting...:cheers:

I am off to an old homestead tomorrow that had a bunch of kids raised on it. I pray for a memorable hunt.

Thanks, I will tell you guys a little secret,
These great hunting spots that I have been getting comes from some research that I have been doing. I know there use to be a park somewhere on that street in the 1800s but dont know where so I have just been going house to house hoping to find the spot. These homes dont look that old but they are. They were built in the 1930s. Its homes that are upper class and looks like a place that you would never ask to hunt. I am sure these homes have never been hunted before. Also, The home that I hunted in this posting use to be the home of one of Bobby Knights relatives and he would come there every week I was told. Makes me wonder about that shoe. It has a hole in the side of it like for a key chain or necklace. In short, I have been concentrating on areas that go back to the 1800s but have newer homes built on the property. I have been hitting the back yards that are untouched by the development of the homes.

WTG magic on the finds, I Little eye candy 4R you my other Hobby, Mickfin

magic said:
Also, The home that I hunted in this posting use to be the home of one of Bobby Knights relatives and he would come there every week I was told.

Awesome finds Magic. That big silver would make my day. Heck, it'd make my year.

Being that Bobby would visit the home, there's a good chance of recovering a chair or two:rofl:

HH
DJH

Thanks for the input on the upgrade. I plan on sending out my unit for the upgrade this week.

Magic, nice finds. I love those half dollars! Those coins would make my day and make my coin-find displays look a whole lot better.

Just curious if you have a good method or approach to asking permission to hunt these private yards? Are you promising anything to the property owner? I have been trying to come up with an angle but haven't thought of a great way to ask if I can hunt their yard, keep my finds and leave without anything in it for the property owner. I'd like to hear your thoughts on that. Thank you.

Rob H.

Very good hunt Magic.I think youre the silver King, buddy! :clapping:Got out twice this weekend for a few hours. Tried your coil again, but was too much trash for it. Went to my little 4x6 and found some clad though and a few relics.

Great hunt again old buddy.Hoping to hunt again soon with you. Jack, aka "corvair"

DFX USER said:
Magic, nice finds. I love those half dollars! Those coins would make my day and make my coin-find displays look a whole lot better.

Just curious if you have a good method or approach to asking permission to hunt these private yards? Are you promising anything to the property owner? I have been trying to come up with an angle but haven't thought of a great way to ask if I can hunt their yard, keep my finds and leave without anything in it for the property owner. I'd like to hear your thoughts on that. Thank you.

Rob H.

I belong to the historical society and I tell them that I am looking for relics that can be put on display at the historic society. If I find any, I will donate them in their name. People seem to like this and everything I tell them is true. I never mention finding coins and they don't really ask. I do ask them if they have lost anything that they would like me to search for. Since its for the historical society, I ask them if they can tell me any history on the place. If its a wooded lot, I tell them I will pick up all the limbs and sticks and put out by the road also. It gets them out of my way and only takes a little bit to do it. Seems to work really well for me. They also tell their neighbors about me.

Thank you.

I've just been on-line reading about The Historical Society of Central Florida and I may just have to get involved with it. Not just to get me hunting sites but it would be very satisfying to find something of historical significance that would be displayed in my name as the finder. I've never really found anything of that magnitude but I haven't searched many sites that would yield such items. Also offering to clean up a wooded yard or even some type of yard improvement has benefit to the yard owner so maybe I will try that.

Thanks for the tips.

Rob H.

Another fine job Magic, it's looks like I might do the same and join the Historical Society. That's a very good idea and a good way to break to ice when doing a cold call. HH Chappy