Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First two months with Deus silver

Johnny Cache

I used to hang out on the ATPro forum here, but not much in the last couple years. I picked up an XP Deus just over two months ago, and I really like it. It's been good to me. These are my silver coin finds with the Deus from the last two months. Almost all of them are from spots I have hunted hard in the past.

I found fast success with the Deus Fast program with tracking ground balance. I'm also really happy with the depth, it's actually quite amazing. The only thing I get slightly frustrated with is digging bottle caps. I am getting better with those.

I figured I'd get into another Deus forum, I love seeing others finds with the same machine, lending what advice I know...and learning from others who have more experience than me!

i too had a problem with bottle caps but not much anymore. just created an identical program next to the one you are using to compare VDI's. I use 12K mostly for coin hunting so i have a 4K right next to it. if i get a signal around 92-94 i hit one button to go to the 4K program and see what it does. if it goes up it is a bottle cap, if it goes down it's digable. give it a try...
not a bad haul tho for two months... way to go... GL &HH

Results are what count, and those are some mighty fine results!:surprised::yikes: Congratulations....huge finds there!:beers:
Mud

martygene said:
i too had a problem with bottle caps but not much anymore. just created an identical program next to the one you are using to compare VDI's. I use 12K mostly for coin hunting so i have a 4K right next to it. if i get a signal around 92-94 i hit one button to go to the 4K program and see what it does. if it goes up it is a bottle cap, if it goes down it's digable. give it a try...
not a bad haul tho for two months... way to go... GL &HH

Thanks, I will try that next time I get out. I am getting better with them, I notice a rusty beer cap will be mid 90's one direction, and then mid 80's the other direction. I found that saying out loud to myself "that's a bottlecap" before I dig helped me start trusting my intuition. Usually when I said it, it was a damn cap. Now I just say it in my head...don't need people thinking I'm totally insane haha

Way to go - congrats ! :beers:

That's quite a pile of silver! I see a barber quarter in the mix...that's no small feat! Congrats!