Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

'First UK/IRL/EU Equinox test report!'

Des D

"Who is going to be the very 1st person from the UK, Ireland, or the EU or Eastern EU to put up a comprehensive Review of the 'Equinox 800 (or 600)

Will it be Nig the Dig? Will it be 'NukeEm'? Will it be 'JBM1'? Will it be 'Ghound?' Will it be me?

PARTICULARLY interested in hearing from someone who searched a stubble field site in the past weeks with Brand X machine and didn't find much?

Did the E bring the tired site alive?
Did you dig deeper than ever before?
Did you find a keeper?
Did it do something for you that no other machine did?
Did you get onto wet sand? Did you dig coins at depth with precise TID's

Please, don't spare the gory details!!!

Good Hunting.

Des D

"That's what I'm asking for.... heard UK buyers getting their machines now?
Not that interested in tester's reports: would like 'regular Joe's' opinions?"

There will be only a trickle available soon.

Some have been told theirs will be weeks away..

Even seen some folks changing their minds over the delay.

All a very sad state of affairs.:sad: Jerry.

Ill have mine tomorrow but wont be out until Thursday, ill let you know how it compares to the xterra705 that I've used on this pasture site, some areas have lots of iron. The main reason I got the Equinox was for its wet sand and land capability, I only want one detector so if it does it all to a reasonable standard ill be happy.

Des....ive seen some average Joes stuff.... im waiting for some of the guys I know who really work a detector and rarely get a lot of recognition. You know what they say....10% of the guys find 90% of the gold. We arent getting much love from ML.... they dont hurry we might get enough info to talk ourselves out of one.

Thanks.
I'm eager to hear your opinion and especially coming from an 'X-Terra 705' point of view...itself, an incredible detector!
Will its GOLDFIELD Modes be as effective as Prospecting Mode in X-Terra? That was / is a very under rated and Advanced method to extract much valuable information on a target ever before committing spade to soil!!!
Will the EQX be even better?????

dewcon4414 said:
Des....ive seen some average Joes stuff.... im waiting for some of the guys I know who really work a detector and rarely get a lot of recognition. You know what they say....10% of the guys find 90% of the gold. We arent getting much love from ML.... they dont hurry we might get enough info to talk ourselves out of one.

Dew, I've already talked myself out of buying one!!!
But, from my POV, a 65% land searcher, I'm interested in hearing from those guys who paid [ up front ] for an unknown quantity 6 Months ago...
Will it do the BIZ
Was it worth 6 frustrating months???
Just a few more days and we'll have a good idea???
My other 35% is beach work but for 30% of that, I don't get IN fully submerged!!!

I feel ya Des..... im cautious too. I just dont understand taking pre orders 6months ago and still no prices or expectations on those accessories. Im buying a machine with hidden costs to me. Not worth much to me if i cant get deep in the water. Has a lot of potential. .... or does it?

dewcon4414 said:
I feel ya Des..... im cautious too. I just dont understand taking pre orders 6months ago and still no prices or expectations on those accessories. Im buying a machine with hidden costs to me. Not worth much to me if i cant get deep in the water. Has a lot of potential. .... or does it?

ML is certainly 'behind' on getting prices out for the WP headphones and the two optional coils. Appearances are, it will be a while.

As for potential, I was looking for a quality, light weight, mid-range ($), shallow water detector when the Equinox was announced and I ordered one. Seems like I am getting a lot of extra for my $$ compared to other mid-range shallow water detectors.

At this point, I'm not looking for the Eq 800 to replace my e-trac, Racer 2, MXT, Sov GT, and so forth. Just to do the job I am buying it for. If it proves capable of also doing the job of one of my other detectors, good for me. I can thin the herd a bit or have a really good loaner detector on hand for a friend.

Des, I'm looking forward to hearing how the 800 does on the other side of the pond, so keep us informed.

Rich (Utah)

As I "predicted", the 1st UK Customers have received their E800's and it's looking like 'NukeEm' is going to be the 1st person to put up a Beach Report any minute now???

Zinc Penny said:
? He wasn't impressed? Said his Explorer fared better? Early days?"

More like the equinox isn't special it's just a over marketed vlf Machine. Minelab really failed with this one.

Please enlighten us on how they "failed" ? ?

A lightweight machine, waterproof, single ^and multi frequency, wireless headphones etc etc....plus price is awesome.

Watched a LOT of reviews on youtube and I'm deffo getting one.

Zinc Penny said:
? He wasn't impressed? Said his Explorer fared better? Early days?"

More like the equinox isn't special it's just a over marketed vlf Machine. Minelab really failed with this one.

So, obviously, you aren't getting one. Is that the mantra you keep repeating to yourself so that you feel better about your decision?

Dean

(I tried the xterra 705 with 7.5khz dd coil sens 27 all metal ) (Equinox 800 field 1 sens 22, react 3 multi-freq) I was using sweet containers filled with soil from garden medium to low mineralization placing them on the coil and building them up to get a depth comparison to the xterra I used a full silver Victorian sixpence a full hammered penny and a 9ct ladies ring.i was getting more depth on the Equinox on all 3 items more than I expected.
I tried It on some pasture that I used the xterra on numerous times and found the Equinox more sparky and more sensitive to the xterra, I'm not use to multi-freq. I did a factory pre-set quite soon as I weren't sure if I had the setting right this caused me to lose the pairing to the headphones I could remember how to pair them again I remember you had to hold the button on the phones and the detector but I gave up after fiddling for 15minutes so had to resort to the external speaker on the detector, should of kept the little manual, in the headphone case I was soon picking up lots of small stuff fishing shot ect as a lot of fisherman cross this pasture on the way to the river this had its good and bad points as its a bit of a junky site, sure wernt going to miss much with this detector i did switch to the 5khz sometimes to reduce the amount of small stuff I was finding, overall it performed well! Didn't make any spectacular finds the best being a small gilt metal Sweetheart brooch.