Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First week with Explorer XS

amustel

I'm trying to learn the Explorer XS and I think I've learned a lot in this forum (but I know this is a long way). Well, one week hitting a couple of local parks, this is the result until this moment:

32 clad pennies
9 clad quarters
16 clad dimes
1 clad nickel
8 pieces of junk (the one that looks like a part of an old clock was really deep)
1 toy car (well, junk more or less)

I've dug 3 or 4 very deep signals that sounded and registered as silver, but they were so deep that I had to quit (I understand that a good probe is a must and my next purchase is going to be a sunray x-1)

Well, not much to show but I'm not discouraged since I know the silver has to come soon! This XS is a wonderful machine indeed. I've been using both the 8" and the 10.5" Minelab coils, being the first my favorite since is easier to pinpoint with it and of course, makes the whole thing lighter and easier to swing.

This forum has been wonderful to guide me in my first steps with the Explorer, and it is amazing how nice and helpful are the members. I hope I can show something better in my next post!

trasure1.jpg

It's only going to get better for you!!

Each hour you spend hunting with your new machine will reward you even more in the coming months!

And, Yes, the X1 is a very important compliment to your XS!! Get one sooner than later. Once you use them, you will have a hard time hunting without it.

Good Luck!

CAPTN SE
Dan

Hey Art, glad to see your getting out and practicing with your XS. The more you use it the better you'll get. Looks like the normal finds you get when you start using a new detector. The oldies will soon be finding there way into your pouch.

You're going to love the X-1 when you get it.

amustel minelab 8 and 10.5 coils weight the same if you dont use 10.5coil cover, which weights 69g. if I remember right from past tests. good luck

Stasys, How can this be possible? At least my stock coil (10.5") is heavier than the 8 (7.25") coil.
Maybe you are referring to a Slim coil? Mine is the regular stock coil. Thanks.

amustel said:
Stasys, How can this be possible? At least my stock coil (10.5") is heavier than the 8 (7.25") coil.
Maybe you are referring to a Slim coil? Mine is the regular stock coil. Thanks.
I also use the XS, just a word of advice, keep the stock coil as they are very good. I have the pro coil on mine but to tell you the truth there is very little difference in performance, the pro coil is a bit lighter that's about it and maybe seperates a tad better. The slimlines were not as good as the old XS and II stock coils.

Yes, the stock coil seems to be very good, but I'm using the 7.25" most of the time because less weight and easier to pinpoint. I don't own the slimline coil.