Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher 15" Double D ***HOLY CRAP**

Diggin,

Thanks for posting the video. Have you done any comparison testing yet? Hopefully your video is the first step and will inspire others to take it further...

It's unbelievable to me that there isn't more info./field tests/posts/videos about this coil. I'm close to pulling the trigger and plopping down the $300, but I'm holding out for something/anything to come out that will make my purchase decision a confident one.

I can't help but think that if this was a Minelab or Garrett produced coil that there would be videos and forum posts everywhere by now. I know Bryce over at the Explorer forum would have put it through it's paces by now if it was Minelab product.

I never a buy a new product until it's had a chance for the hype to wear off. Like many, I read everything I could on the AT Pro when it came out and boy look how the tide has turned lately in regards to ratings and reviews. I'm reading a lot of buyer's remorse lately.

I live on the Gulf Coast and it's my opinion that we have an extremely fast sink rate down here compared to the rest of the country. We get more aggregate rainfall than any other area in the U.S. and couple that with the fact that our ground doesn't freeze (no heave) in the winter and man those coins go deep. I want to believe that this coil can unlock the potential of a few areas near me, but I just need an independent review of the coil that confirms my hopes.

Standing by...

Same here, Diggin' I'm looking at it as a fast way to cover a beach specifically, fresh drops, surface to 6" targets...need to know if you think a guy could really swing this thing fast and wide for 2hrs every morning without damaging elbow or shaft of machine. And if it will pick up targets with a fast sweep like the 11" dd will. Thinking maybe a fellow will have to zip tie two empty plastic waterbottles to the coil bottom to act as "coasters" I could see a guy wreck the shaft or tabs on the coil by catching an edge in the sand with a fast sweep in the dark.
Good job with the video!
Mud

I just listed mine in the sales section here, Its just to heavy for me to swing but i have shoulder and elbow problems. after an hour i was done hehe..

I would say for beach or field work this coil would be killer,

I have not done any testing yet i will be posting air test vids next week sometime. and i will be building a test garden as well. I don't think you can swing this thing to fast its just to heavy but i don't think you need to it will cover a huge area pretty quick, after 2-hours with this thing the 11" feels like there is no coil on the detector. the one thing I noticed it will hit less targets, if I hit 50 targets in a 10 ft strip with the 11" I only hit 25 targets in the same strip, to early to really say but I will keep posting.

I am also looking to get this coil, obviously not for park hunting. One thing that comes to mind when you mentioned that it hits less targets then the 11", is its sensitivity to tiny foil might be much lower, which is great news if you ask me. I hate digging around for ages looking for the "deep" target, only to find that it was a tiny piece of foil or metal very close to the surface. I would not mind if this coil was less sensitive to very small objects smaller then a BB.

When you run your air tests, can you do a test on objects of different sizes, from a soda can to a BB in BP and CL modes?

Finally, I am also a little concerned that with the coil this size you will actually need to have your stem all the way out as it will surely pick up the metal part of the upper stem and the control box, not as a signal but as invisible interference perhaps? Or have this aspect been compensated for in the development process? I just don't know.

Everyone is eagerly awaiting your video results.

Thanks!

I beg to differ about it not being a park hunter, it is IF you're after the deepies :thumbup:

It dwarfs my 12.5" Sunray CZ coil:

F75_15incher.jpg

HH,
Brian

( quote: ) I beg to differ about it not being a park hunter, it is IF you're after the deepies
Hey Brian,you give that baby a test drive yet?? Been thinking of getting one myself,and I definetly will be using it in the parks. Take it for a run and let us know...hh rick in mi.

Started some air test videos the first test is on a property where the emi interference is real bad testing items (penny, nickel, dime, quarter, lead bullet, shot gun shell head stamp, buckle) and I'm not impressed I am getting the same on both coils about 9"-10" on a Dime & 11"-12" on a Quarter. on the 11" settings (sens:83 disk:15 tone:3 mode: bp) on the 15" settings (sens:81 disk:15 tone:3 mode: bp) (vids on the way this week) also seems to hit harder with the stock coil i will also do tests where there is no emi interference where I can run the machine wide open. more testing and vids on the way. probably by Wednesday. (if I had to make a decision right now I would sell this coil I hope it shows improvements in a new location with no emi.

rick in mi. said:
( quote: ) I beg to differ about it not being a park hunter, it is IF you're after the deepies
Hey Brian,you give that baby a test drive yet?? Been thinking of getting one myself,and I definetly will be using it in the parks. Take it for a run and let us know...hh rick in mi.

I took it to an area in a park that's been hunted to death. It's not that old, dates back to the late 1930's/early 1940's, but it was a nice place to take it on it's maiden voyage (no people, and easy diggings). Mind you this place has been strip mined by Etracs, Whites V3, F75 LTD, Omega, you name it, and it's not that large.

I spent a couple of hours there and it only gave up a 7" deep wheatie, and a small car (looks like an old school Monopoly car game piece). The wheatie was a solid banging signal, as was the car. I also dug some old pull tabs, but unless you're really going after the iffy signals, they became easy to discern after a couple of them. From one angle you'd get a good'ish signal, but rotating around it most of the signals were all over the map, 20's to 80's, at one point it would disappear all together. Every time I got a target signature like this it was a pull-tab, although I'd dig them just to confirm. This is a better target signature then I get with the 11" DD coil. It also pinpoints very easy, same as the 11" DD, or you can pinpoint it off the tip of the coil.

I was hoping it might eek out one more silver coin, but silver was never deep there, probably 6-7" tops, so it was easy pickings while it lasted. I have another area that dates back to around the 1860's where I dug an measured 10"+ deep SLQ I want to test it at, but I might not be able to get to it until next week.

HH,
Brian

Your observation......

From one angle you'd get a good'ish signal, but rotating around it most of the signals were all over the map, 20's to 80's, at one point it would disappear all together. Every time I got a target signature like this it was a pull-tab, although I'd dig them just to confirm. This is a better target signature then I get with the 11" DD coil.

Just on the basis of the above coil behavior, it might make buying one of the huge bad boys worthwhile.

Started some air test videos the first test is on a property where the emi interference is real bad testing items (penny, nickel, dime, quarter, lead bullet, shot gun shell head stamp, buckle) and I'm not impressed I am getting the same on both coils about 9"-10" on a Dime & 11"-12" on a Quarter. on the 11" settings (sens:83 disk:15 tone:3 mode: bp) on the 15" settings (sens:81 disk:15 tone:3 mode: bp) also seems to hit harder with the stock coil i will not be doing anymore tests on this coil and have decided to return it sorry about that but on most sites i hunt there will be emi interference so I will never get to run wide open. it may work better in other parts of the world but it wont work for me.

If the EMI is bad it might show it self more on the larger coil.
You could try both coils with say Boost , sens of 50 with 0 disc and see what happens .

We have a RF chamber at work, I should air test my 11" DD and 15" DD coils in there!

Unfortunately there's also a rather large WiFi lab inside the RF chamber, so it may not work out...although it's 2.4 & 5.8GHz...hmmm... :)

Was there any indication of emi in that part of the park and what settings were you mainly using? Thanks, HH jim tn

Cal_Cobra said:
It dwarfs my 12.5" Sunray CZ coil

Brian,
Nice picture comparison of size. FZ-12 coil is fairly light for it's size. CZ with big coil masks a lot in trash and needs to be worked deliberately and slowly (even with smaller coils in trash). F75 uncovers much more with the 11 inch in trash and walking around an iffy target can produce some very good one way hits that say "dig me".

Looking forward to more reports on the 15 inch!!!
Cheers,
tvr

PS Still wishing for a Big Foot or cleansweep form factor for the F75.

Hi Jim,

No problems with EMI at this park, BUT I don't think I've ever had issues with it at this particular park.

I was running 85 sensitivity, alternated between 3 and 4 tones, and 15 disc. Interestingly with Bertha on, once the sensitivity hits 87 or higher I get a threshold in disc mode...kind of threw me for a loop at first.

It locks on coins MUCH better than the 11" DD. I wish it wasn't so heavy, I think it's going to be a great coil, but after a couple of hours your arm is feeling it. If you can glide the coil on the grass it's a little better (if you have to support the full weight of the coil with your arm it'll wear you out quickly IMO). I need to test it at a park where the deep silver is hiding, as well as it was hitting on coins I suspect it'll be able to sniff out some deep silver the 11" either can't hear OR down averages to an undiggable TID.

HH,
Brian

jim tn said:
Was there any indication of emi in that part of the park and what settings were you mainly using? Thanks, HH jim tn

hey Cal, just for giggles, try zip tying an empty plastic water bottle to the bottom of the coil to act like a coaster...it should work great at keeping it 2 1/2 inches above the ground, and taking some weight off your arm...one should work, but maybe two would be better...make sure its an empty bottle!
HH
Mud

Thanks Brian. A faint threshold hum kicks in on my LTD with the 11" coil at 87, too. Doesn't bother me as it is really faint, but I do know its there. Show me some deep silver with that bruiser. It is sounding more and more enticing, except for the weight, as I read more about it. HH jim tn

Huge open fields like that........
I have a field that has given up deep cannonballs......looks perfect for that & the coverage looks excellent.
Thanks for the video
Bill