Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher CZ's still the King

Take time over targets and learn your detector. It takes time and thought. After a while more and better finds start coming in. Good luck!
Every detector has a learning curve. Plus just the basics of detecting where I last detected no matter how many machines and how much experience bad to good was about 10:1. I think that gets a lot of people out of the hobby. To find Treasure you must find trash. I have never found a ring or gold but silver and old copper yes and zincs and newer coins a lot more and bottle caps beaver tails pull taps and foil a lot lot lot more.

PS my favorite find was an Indian head in a well hunted park 5 inches down with a F75 it sounded iffy but dug it anyway because it was deeper then most trash - glad I did!

Reactions: tvr
Every detector has a learning curve. Plus just the basics of detecting where I last detected no matter how many machines and how much experience bad to good was about 10:1. I think that gets a lot of people out of the hobby. To find Treasure you must find trash. I have never found a ring or gold but silver and old copper yes and zincs and newer coins a lot more and bottle caps beaver tails pull taps and foil a lot lot lot more.

PS my favorite find was an Indian head in a well hunted park 5 inches down with a F75 it sounded iffy but dug it anyway because it was deeper then most trash - glad I did!
Depth is one factor the Cz is noted for , set your volume under 5 on the volume and you have modulated audio!!! Then you listen for soft High tones and watch the old stuff you will find. !!!

Depth is one factor the Cz is noted for , set your volume under 5 on the volume and you have modulated audio!!! Then you listen for soft High tones and watch the old stuff you will find. !!!
I started when old stuff was the new stuff - my Dream Detector was the Whites MXT I had started with a Whites Detector so I had a fondness for the company and in Colorado the MXT seemed the cat’s meow. I eventually owned one loved the analog aspect of setting her up and tuning her for the hunt but she was a girthy Girl and the weight led me to other detectors. The CZ like the MXT has those analog controls and her analog audio is very appealing to my Nostalgia, but my current focus now is salty beaches and that is not her specialty. But still think CZ is amazing detector!

I started when old stuff was the new stuff - my Dream Detector was the Whites MXT I had started with a Whites Detector so I had a fondness for the company and in Colorado the MXT seemed the cat’s meow. I eventually owned one loved the analog aspect of setting her up and tuning her for the hunt but she was a girthy Girl and the weight led me to other detectors. The CZ like the MXT has those analog controls and her analog audio is very appealing to my Nostalgia, but my current focus now is salty beaches and that is not her specialty. But still think CZ is amazing detector!
The Full D2 is supposed to be good in salt water from reports I have read . Plus it’s great inland also !! I use a Ws 6 master inland, Xterra Pro for water and a cz5 just to have inland….. it is 97% EMI free . Pretty much immune to EMI. Now at the age of 60 I will never need another detector. All my bases are covered. 🇺🇸😃🇺🇸

The Full D2 is supposed to be good in salt water from reports I have read . Plus it’s great inland also !! I use a Ws 6 master inland, Xterra Pro for water and a cz5 just to have inland….. it is 97% EMI free . Pretty much immune to EMI. Now at the age of 60 I will never need another detector. All my bases are covered. 🇺🇸😃🇺🇸
I still remember hunt the golf course converted to city park the guy with the CZ killed it on old silver and found some gold chains also all deep he was very experienced with his CZ. - he would let me swing my sovereign GT over some of his hits - sometimes I could pick something up but sometimes not. So always left me very impressed with CZ - then started reading NASA Tom articles on it and was even more impressed.