Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher CZ's still the King

m880

i live in N.W Florida and stuff sinks fast in my yards soil. Recently dug a 83 stnk'n at 8" and I have lived here since I was born in 59. No soil added ever, anway in my test garden I made around 11-12 yrs ago to replace the one I built a deck over that had been there for over 30 yrs I can't find any of my plants. It's like someone dug them up,, no hint of a coinI and have tried everything I have.
# 1 Tek T2 S.E LTD with BP. #2 Nokta Legend #3Tek Gama 6000, a great machine for coins #4 Tek Eurotek pro,another good coin machine #5 Minelab Vanquish 540 and finally I broke out the CZ 6a with 5" coil and they light up with no problem. No trash as I built this for depth test not trash test bed.
I did find in my old test garden the CZ will find coins with trash nearby better than anything else I own,even Eurotek pro.
Anyone else found them the best for deep silver? Their a little heavy but I had L4-L5 spinal fusion done in April 2021 and a covid vaccine stroke 2-23-23 this year,, I'm 65 in a few months so their not that heavy and hip mounted their very lite.

Anyone else found them the best for deep silver?
Yes. Found a 8 or 9 gram silver ring in the wet sand at a good 13 to 14 inches. After I took the first scoop of sand out, a guy with an Equinox came up to me to ask what I was finding. He could not tell there was a target there, nothing. Couple more scoops and we were looking at a silver ring that was very clear with the CZ6a even before any digging was done.

their not that heavy and hip mounted their very lite.
The ergonomics are not great. It gets tiring quickly, but I hunt with the detector on the shaft where I can easily flick between auto tune and disc 0. I hunt auto tune and when over a target flip to disc 0 to assist in ID. I prefer keeping the ability to quickly flick the one setting over rather than hip mounting where the control is not readily accessible.

Interesting you say that i never had a fisher yet lol but in Fl not many seems to understand very little to no mineralization but very lose sandy soil you can even dig with your hands on the west coast.
Had a small test garden myself many years ago and noticed myself after two or three years coins i had at around 8-10” to test maximum depth are gone. No signal like they just disappeared or were dug up but i know they weren’t.
Chances of finding old things are almost impossible with how fast stuff sinks in this soil.
Since them the yard has been sodded over adding couple more inches but strangely enough haven’t tried my very new detectors to see if they would pick them up. Yard changed around slightly so don’t remember the exact location within 6-8’ which makes it little harder to pinpoint
Lost interest in them figuring they were just gone for good basically and didn’t want to dig up all the new sod either not knowing exactly where. One day i will try it though bit interesting to hear the fisher picks up what the others lost or can’t find

CZs are great detectors to this day MINUS the weight/ergonomics even with the 8" coil. If I get another one the control head will be moved under the cuff.

CZs are great detectors to this day MINUS the weight/ergonomics even with the 8" coil. If I get another one the control head will be moved under the cuff.
Aren’t they basically water detectors.
Weight is the biggest problem literally 4x what i have now..
The only other issue with fisher in general is what ive seen on here they have not really been saying anything about anything in a long time or even much inventory to sell. has to make you wonder are they at the phasing out point.
All the other companies are passing them up on everything and selling to all the buyers. How much longer can they sustain the current situation.
Even if 1 out of 50 new detectors sold is a Fisher and i think thats probably high its only 2% of total detectors sold to buyers. Nokta, ML, and Deus probably sell close to 80% of the total.

CZ-20 is what Istarted with in 1993-94 and I still have it and it is built like a tank,,it is a dive detector to 250 ' but I used it on land 95% time. It's weight was never an issue for me,,but i'm 64 and very disabled now so it's not my first choice for land hunts but the CZ-6a does that for me.
As of right now I haven't owned anything that can beat it for depth and "trash" with the 5" coil. My new Legend maxed out will not touch it, my Tek T2 LTD SE in boost mode gets close but it's not usable on wet salt beahes like the CZ's are.
All Fisher needs to do is build off the CZ capabilites they already have,,5&15 khz plateform is great,don't need umptieen different freqs.

CZ-20 is what Istarted with in 1993-94 and I still have it and it is built like a tank,,it is a dive detector to 250 ' but I used it on land 95% time. It's weight was never an issue for me,,but i'm 64 and very disabled now so it's not my first choice for land hunts but the CZ-6a does that for me.
As of right now I haven't owned anything that can beat it for depth and "trash" with the 5" coil. My new Legend maxed out will not touch it, my Tek T2 LTD SE in boost mode gets close but it's not usable on wet salt beahes like the CZ's are.
All Fisher needs to do is build off the CZ capabilites they already have,,5&15 khz plateform is great,don't need umptieen different freqs.
So if I wanted to try a Fisher what do you recommend that will have similar performance. Has to be light 3lbs or less as weight is the main factor.
How does detectors like the F-75 compare. Not sure if technetics is actually a Fisher technology or product

So if I wanted to try a Fisher what do you recommend that will have similar performance. Has to be light 3lbs or less as weight is the main factor.
How does detectors like the F-75 compare. Not sure if technetics is actually a Fisher technology or product
If your looking to try a Fisher CZ I suggest trying any of the older analog machines. You can't LOSE!!! Great coin finding units.
My greatest find was a Honker Gold ring(18k) that Screamed
High tone on the Cz3d. Good luck in your decision...
silverseeker 2

Not going to find anything with your stated requirements. F75 is 3.5 pounds as is a CZ5. The AQ LTD comes in at 4.2 pounds. The F75 and AQ LTD balance very well, which in my experience is more important than total weight.
Fisher, like Teknetics and Bounty Hunter are owned by First Texas Products, Ltd. Some of the detectors from one brand share characteristics with others in one of the other brands.
The F75 can be worked very successfully at the salt water beach, but you have to stay right on top of the ground balance to keep the detection depth. I ran all metal and looked at the ID number for indication of target type. Running discrimination gave me lots of falsing over the wet salt sand, all metal did not. Besides the constant ground balance adjusting, the bonging sound of iron and finding many very tiny pieces of foil were annoying with the F75 at the beach. I went back to the CZs because they are much easier to run over the wet salt sand ... and they don't hit the very small iron and foil pieces that became annoying with the F75.
Today, I use the AQ limited a lot.

Unfortunately due to health weight is the main factor over other features.The lighter the better hence why im with a Deus now. 3, 3.5 lbs probably the limit.
4 and up is out.
If not for health reasons i would be using many different detectors including older Whites and ML which i had like the Excal.
I dont even really beach hunt anymore just for the fact of having to use a scoop which gets to be too much. A Leache tool is all i basically use anymore.
Not sure if Fisher,Tek,etc has anything lightweight that has the same performance as the CZ or other top performing models they have.
Im open to Fisher but doesn’t seem they have anything comparable to the high performance with light weight like the other big brands.
Again for whatever reason they haven’t been on pace at all with anyone else.
Going back now and what they have is comparable to buying a big heavy tube tv from Fisher already having a wall mounted flat screen LED tv from Nokta and Deus on every aspect from weight to technology to service.
Seems like the F75 is the closest option but heavier, older tech and same price as newer tech lighter models. Really tough to make that work. Wish they came out with a new light version of a CZ but doesn’t seem like it’s going to happen at this point

Just a note ... I still have my Fisher CZ-7a Pro, and love detecting with it. Some folks could call it "heavy", or "old", or something like that. Doesn't matter.

To me, it's plenty light enough, balanced and easy to swing, and accurate.

I have another more "modern" detector (no names, please), which is also good to use. But the CZ-7a is just as sensitive as the "new" one, and just as accurate in side-by-side comparisons -- on deep or shallow coins, relics, foil, pulltabs, and iron. It's accurate at sorting out the good stuff and bad stuff.

I'm open to using anything newer, but the CZ-7a is just a pleasure to swing.

Just a note ... I still have my Fisher CZ-7a Pro, and love detecting with it. Some folks could call it "heavy", or "old", or something like that. Doesn't matter.

To me, it's plenty light enough, balanced and easy to swing, and accurate.

I have another more "modern" detector (no names, please), which is also good to use. But the CZ-7a is just as sensitive as the "new" one, and just as accurate in side-by-side comparisons -- on deep or shallow coins, relics, foil, pulltabs, and iron. It's accurate at sorting out the good stuff and bad stuff.

I'm open to using anything newer, but the CZ-7a is just a pleasure to swing.
Don’t get me wrong im always saying “swing what makes you happy”
No brand bias or feature, age bias.
Its all about enjoying what you are doing.
Unfortunately for me a heavy detector is more work than enjoyment not to mention painful . “Heavy” is all subjective to an individual. Years ago when my health was much better a 5lb detector was not heavy, now even a 3lb detector is heavy.
Can i use a 5lb detector, sure, but maybe for just an hour. Everything ia relative.
For me to enjoy what im doing i am unfortunately limited by a certain weight. Whatever happens to fall in that weight category is what i have to stick with even though i might prefer something else.
Sounds like i would enjoy a CZ if it were just lighter.

With all this chatter about the weight of the cz detectors... i didn't find one response saying to just use the belt clip that was usually supplied with the detector and hip mount/chest mount the unit and just swing the rod and coil... I've been doing that for yrs with my cz20/21. Hunting 3+ hrs is NO issue what-so-ever. even with the cz5 the box was designed to be slid off the shaft and run a belt thru it.

There, problem solved and alls good it the world.

HH Mark ( ohio )

With all this chatter about the weight of the cz detectors... i didn't find one response saying to just use the belt clip that was usually supplied with the detector and hip mount/chest mount the unit and just swing the rod and coil... I've been doing that for yrs with my cz20/21. Hunting 3+ hrs is NO issue what-so-ever. even with the cz5 the box was designed to be slid off the shaft and run a belt thru it.

HH Mark ( ohio )
Your right but everything is relative to everyones comfort I guess. I as many could have hip mounted my sovereign or excal box 3lbs as many still do then a new model comes out where its so light no need to even hip mount. I actually hip mount my Deus remote thats only 150g/5ounces with the included belt clip/case. But someone at 6’2” 200lbs in relative good health 3lbs is no big deal at all. While at 5-5 140 lbs numerous back surgeries and other health problems that 3lbs can seem like hip mounting 30 lbs to the other person. If you had to hip mount a 30 lb control unit you might opt for a lighter one at that point if that makes sense
Forgot to add not sure where you are but the heat here is a big factor.
4 straight months the highs are in the 90’s with feels like in the 100+ starting by 11am. with high humidity hunting in 100 degree weather with sweat dripping down everywhere the last thing you want is extra stuff to wear lol this isn’t combat but an enjoyable hobby. At 11am current weather and forecast

Attachments

• IMG_3212.jpeg
    IMG_3212.jpeg
    363.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Your right but everything is relative to everyones comfort I guess. I as many could have hip mounted my sovereign or excal box 3lbs as many still do then a new model comes out where its so light no need to even hip mount. I actually hip mount my Deus remote thats only 150g/5ounces with the included belt clip/case. But someone at 6’2” 200lbs in relative good health 3lbs is no big deal at all. While at 5-5 140 lbs numerous back surgeries and other health problems that 3lbs can seem like hip mounting 30 lbs to the other person. If you had to hip mount a 30 lb control unit you might opt for a lighter one at that point if that makes sense
from a person who is 63 yrs old, had 3 total knee replacements ( yes 3 ) open heart surgery the weight "thing" is no issue period ! since you never owned a cz you would see for yourself the mounting is no big deal.

from a person who is 63 yrs old, had 3 total knee replacements ( yes 3 ) open heart surgery the weight "thing" is no issue period ! since you never owned a cz you would see for yourself the mounting is no big deal.
Perhaps its worth a try

I think you may be pleasantly surprised on how they balance when hip mounted...... but what you may not like is the "old tech" on the units. If you are indeed a water hunter/diver the cz20/21 is hard to beat. JMHO
Cheers
Thanks Mark I don’t really water hunt anymore but rather dry sand at the beach occasionally and mostly land hunt. Parks, ghost towns etc

HH Mark ( ohio )
The cz5 can unmask co- located targets by using the pinpoint button. And using it a lot . Hip mounting makes this procedure more difficult. The housing needs to be on a he shaft to accomplish this. Since the Cz s coils are concentric the detection field is larger. Pinpointing button brings the detection field down smaller, almost the size of a DD coils width of detection . A clean target for a CZ has a clean crisp , on / off sound. If you come across a target that sounded clipped or not clean meant stop and investigate. If Pinpointing the target by pulling the coil off the target slowly produces an elongated sound it was 9 times out of 10 big iron. If coming off the target and it produces two on / off signals, i often recovered a masked target that would be a good target!! A lighter Cz with a DD coil would be a game changer ! HH Tony