Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher czx coming out next year

supertraq

Will it be the F75 platform we've all wanted with dual freqs to make it a beach hunter too?
Maybe we finally get what we want,fingers crossed on this one.

Seems a couple of the good old companies are coming out with new rigs. I'd love to hear more about this one.
Matt Bullock

Is this for real? I heard about a New CZ for years now.They better do it while the Great Dave Johnson is still there.

n/t

No Dave I'm hoping for the rest,lol

When it comes, and I believe someday it will, I will be thrilled. Anyone know when the gossip started? I cannot remember a day when this same topic was NOT getting kicked around.
Any manufacturer who feeds the fire of new version's soon release, quenches the sales of their current product. First Texas seems like a pretty solid company to me. That said...

In business, we called what I saw, "vaporware". Something may materialize, or it may not.

I'd love to see a waterproof CZ with a meter. But if I couldn't have that I'd settle for a CZ-21 with a distinct sound for every Category. The 21 is a great machine, I just dislike that targets in the coin categories all sound the same and foil and pull tabs have the same basic tone.

As long as Minelab refuses to update the Excalibur Fisher has a golden opportunity to grab market share if they would update the CZ for us elderly beach combers. In both cases, do they really need 200 feet of waterproofing? How many really dive? Existing tech should be fine for that, right? Just add a beach unit that reflects new tech and at $1 to 2 thousand dollars price point they would sell like mad. Agree?

Maybe Tom Dankowski has his hand in the pie on this one. Will be interesting to see. Going to be hard to beat the 21.

pasttom said:
As long as Minelab refuses to update the Excalibur Fisher has a golden opportunity to grab market share if they would update the CZ for us elderly beach combers. In both cases, do they really need 200 feet of waterproofing? How many really dive? Existing tech should be fine for that, right? Just add a beach unit that reflects new tech and at $1 to 2 thousand dollars price point they would sell like mad. Agree?

It all comes down to marketing and sales.
I am sure all the companies have the next best idea and prototype.
What the question is---Is the current mix selling/making money? Or are they making enough on repairs or upgrades? -Maybe even some bucks on current accessories?

If they are losing market share to other innovative designers then they will have to lay down something new and improved.

A competitor unit to the AT PRO and CTX? If it was my company--you betcha.

A waterproof unit for shallow water hunts and downpours--If it was my company--Heck Yeah!

And, I agree with the above post...Those that use the detectors for 200 feet of diving...Perhaps, they would warrant a higher price as they are probably used by such a low % of detectorists.

So you got to figure if you were a detector company the best time to probably throw it out would be early Spring?....Maybe a bit earlier?

One can only guess as there are no official statements to date that I know of.

Would it be safe to say, that a machine waterproofed to 10' to 15' would cover the needs of over 90% of hunters?

My guess is 95 to 99% easily, but I am a West Coaster. It may well be different in other markets.

$1000.00-$2000.00 is step on the top side.
Take the current cz3d and do away with the 7 target segment and use the 0-99 scale and package it F75 style and bingo I'm selling some machines so I can have that machine,period.

I saw some Fisher information in print, the first new CZX is going to be a Nugget detector for starters, built by Dave Johnson, two freqs, new form of ground balance, deeper than current vlf's, 1K price range. More detectors to follow in that czx range, also a new Mosca detector is coming out from Fisher, The Mosca is amphibian detector good to 10 ft deep, 2 freq, wireless headphones, 2 aa batts, auto ground balancing. 1200-2K range. This was info. printed by Fisher for Dealers, cell phone pic taken of it at some meeting.

Mosca (Spanish for "fly") is an odd sounding name for a US machine and seems out of character among the current Fisher lineup. CZX sounds way too much like CTX. Maybe these are just temporary names for projects that are in some stage of development. So far the only information I've seen is from a blog post from last spring. It gives some details about the new machines along with pics of the info from some type of presentation cards. The blogger states that he "heard Fisher give a speech" in which they stated that the new machine would "show a picture of a find before it is dug up." They also said that the price of the machine would be no more than $2,000. I certainly would like to see this holy grail of metal detectors materialize; and especially at a price that would be bargain-basement for that level of performance; but I don't know......... Rumors of a new multi-frequency machine from Fisher have gotten to be a real tradition on the detecting forums. They come and they go. Makes for interesting conversation around the old laptop. Also a good way to bring traffic to your blog.

pasttom said:
Not on price point,$900.00-$901.00 at most.
They is some po folks out here.

I would agree that the lower the price point the better the sales, but there are other issues- build quality and sustainable profit margin. Few of us REALLY understand how much expense there is beyond cost of manufacturing. Decades ago there was an LA late night car salesman who bragged he sold at a loss, but he sold so many cars it made up for it. He actually did jail time. Supertraq, your CZ20 (now 21 and old enough to vote) sells for about $1500 now and the F75 SE is about $1,100 according to a large internet dealers price list. I want top quality and from a company that will still be in business. I'd be happy to see a price between 1 & 2 if you don't want to go past 1 that's fine. There are no flies on hunting with old tech and being happy with what you have and can afford.