Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher F5.....Thoughts??

I am racking my brains out on purchasing a new detector. I was ready to pull the trigger on an F2 with DD but keep looking at the F5 now?? I have read that the F2 is every bit as deep as the F5 except it does not have as many features. Any and all info would be more than appreciated.

I have over a 100 hours on my F5 and have used my buddies F2 for only an hour or so, but here is my 2 cents. If you have the extra money ($300) the F5 has more features that will let you fine tune it for different conditions. Both machines separate well in trashy areas, the F2 will have a shorter learning period. I like the interface on the F5 best. Both machines will get decent depth, my best is around 8". but they are not depth monsters, I primarily use it for coin shooting. Old deep coins or relics, I go with a Vaquero or a CZ.

You will not be disappointed with the F5. I am thinking about getting a spare for a back up i don't want to go one day without one.

Read all posts here by Mike Hillis. He is the F5 guru.....he simply provides tons of useful info on how to get a F5 to kick some serious backside. He tells it the way it is with no embellishments.

I started with an F2 and found good stuff. It was easy to use and yes it can find a lot. I needed more and bought an 11 inch dd for a F4 coil. BIG disappointment! The F5 is a machine you can grow into- the F2 a machine you will be growing out of. Get the F5. Seriously.
Tom