Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher F5

I see someone is selling Fisher F5 detectors for $299.00 The Patriot sells for $100.00 more. Would the F5 be the better deal?

I just bought one of those clearance Fisher F70's from First Texas. It came with 3 coils, although advertised to have 2. I haven't used it yet only assembled it. They had them on Ebay but they sold out fast. I just bought a Deus 2 WS6 master so if you would like to make a deal. I may be willing to part with it.

Both F5 and F70/Patriot are good proven machines. Both are vary adjustable and or can be set up for your hunting environment. I have owned both more than once over the years and just bought this one again. So that should tell you something.

There are many good models and companies. What 1 person likes another won't. Some guys are happy with a $200 detector and others won't be happy unless they spend $2000. It also depends on what kind of hunting you do. Research. You can start out with a used model to save $ as most end up upgrading later.
Minelabs vanquish model, Quest X-5 or X-10 Pro and Makro Simplex are good units from $150- $300. Fisher is selling some on eBay real cheap too.
Happy hunting.

See the recent thread on the F70 for more details. What he says above is true. I just thought that I could help somebody out because I have Deus 2, Legend, Q30, 705 already. I buy and sell a bunch on eBay. Buying and selling mostly detectors and stuff. I enjoy trying out different models and circling back occasionally to the ones I miss. I have 100 percent positive feedback on there

This thread here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230211-235303.png
    Screenshot_20230211-235303.png
    565.7 KB · Views: 46
See the recent thread on the F70 for more details. What he says above is true. I just thought that I could help somebody out because I have Deus 2, Legend, Q30, 705 already. I buy and sell a bunch on eBay. Buying and selling mostly detectors and stuff. I enjoy trying out different models and circling back occasionally to the ones I miss. I have 100 percent positive feedback on there
Thank you

I sold my WS4 to Ron in Michigan ( I believe) on here (Ron of Sovereign meter fame) He said he was at one time/or is a moderator. I also sold my ORX both this week to get the WS6. I haven't gone out detecting yet this year but maybe tomorrow.
Good luck on your hunt.

Thank you. If you want that F70 3 coil let me know. I will sell it for $200 plus shipping cost. That's about what I paid after tax. I obviously don't need 5 detectors. If not, that's cool. However, I am a new member and don't have a clue how to sell something other than on Ebay.

Thank you. If you want that F70 3 coil let me know. I will sell it for $200 plus shipping cost. That's about what I paid after tax. I obviously don't need 5 detectors. If not, that's cool. However, I am a new member and don't have a clue how to sell something other than on Ebay.
They have a place on the forum where you can post the F70 for sale. Thanks for the offer though. I hope you find cool things on your hunt.

They also have the Bounty Hunter Platinum currently on Ebay if that's more in your budget. $110 with 8 coil or $125 with 11 coil. It is legitimately First Texas selling these. The water resistant headphones are $20 too. Made for Fisher by Koss. I had a Platinum about 10 years ago. They have Ground Grab and look a lot like the Tek Gamma. Definitely not bad for the price.

They also have the Bounty Hunter Platinum currently on Ebay if that's more in your budget. $110 with 8 coil or $125 with 11 coil. It is legitimately First Texas selling these. The water resistant headphones are $20 too. Made for Fisher by Koss. I had a Platinum about 10 years ago. They have Ground Grab and look a lot like the Tek Gamma. Definitely not bad for the price.
I don't really want to sell mine. I was just offering to you exclusively because I saw your inquiries starting with your first post. I will most likely add it to my rotation because I am familiar with it and it performs good here in my soil. I always have to sell stuff to get something else and I would like to get the wireless headphones for the WS6. I thought it might be a win/win. Good luck though in your search.

I have experience with the F5, F75, and now the Legend. I cannot speak for the other model you asked about but the F5 is a good solid platform. The one thing I had problems with was that the adjustment knobs are not click indent style. It is fairly easy to bump the knobs with your swing hand (especially with gloves on) and inadvertently move the settings and be detecting on full discrimination.

I have experience with the F5, F75, and now the Legend. I cannot speak for the other model you asked about but the F5 is a good solid platform. The one thing I had problems with was that the adjustment knobs are not click indent style. It is fairly easy to bump the knobs with your swing hand (especially with gloves on) and inadvertently move the settings and be detecting on full discrimination.
It seems like most of the detector companies are doing away with the knobs. I suspect it will soon be touchscreens like the cell phones.

It seems like most of the detector companies are doing away with the knobs. I suspect it will soon be touchscreens like the cell phones.
It’s hard to make a long lasting underwater detector with knobs that’s why .
Mark