Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher F75-DST - More Silver And A Three Ringer :fisher::detecting:

tabman

I had little short hunt today, because my wife said I had some things that I had to do. I did manage to find a couple of Mercury Dimes, 19 Wheat Pennies, some clad coins and a 3 Ringer. I was using the the stock 11 inch DD coil, minimum discrimination, 4 tones and mostly maximum sensitivity. This new upgraded F75 sure is quiet running. I'm going back over the same ground with my 5 inch DD coil on my next hunt.:detecting:

tabman

F75SE2%202%20Mercury%20Dimes%203%20Ringer%20002_zps2wpnogee.jpg
F75SE2%202%20Mercury%20Dimes%203%20Ringer%20003_zpshwsvivas.jpg

F75SE2%202%20Mercury%20Dimes%203%20Ringer%20006_zpsrqmmezzs.jpg
F75SE2%202%20Mercury%20Dimes%203%20Ringer%20007_zpsclim61m7.jpg

F75SE2%202%20Mercury%20Dimes%203%20Ringer%20010_zpstcu49bmo.jpg
F75SE2%202%20Mercury%20Dimes%203%20Ringer%20012_zpsig127trt.jpg

F75SE2%202%20Mercury%20Dimes%203%20Ringer%20019_zpsrlkk87ye.jpg
F75SE2%202%20Mercury%20Dimes%203%20Ringer%20017_zps1rlejh5t.jpg

F75SE2%202%20Mercury%20Dimes%203%20Ringer%20022_zpsywcrhvkt.jpg
F75SE2%202%20Mercury%20Dimes%203%20Ringer%20013_zpsw7eayoip.jpg

Quote you ......................[size=x-large]I had little short hunt today, because my wife said I had some things that I had to do[/size]

You mean to tell me your wife dictates your detecting time ??????????..... ........:rofl:

I'm just asking ...:shrug: I know mine dictates my time .......:help:...........:rofl: But I thought you Southern Guys were the" boss "!!!

By the way ..Nice hunt tab. Next thing you know..All your gold rings will be confiscated LOL

You know this was a fun post from me.. Really man that was awesome on the finds.. Great JOB !!

Nice finds buddy. I think that bullet is a tie base sharps.

Digger70pa said:
Nice finds buddy. I think that bullet is a tie base sharps.

Thanks. I know very little about Civil War finds. I find plenty in some of the areas that I hunt.

tabman

Elton said:
Quote you ......................[size=x-large]I had little short hunt today, because my wife said I had some things that I had to do[/size]

You mean to tell me your wife dictates your detecting time ??????????..... ........:rofl:

I'm just asking ...:shrug: I know mine dictates my time .......:help:...........:rofl: But I thought you Southern Guys were the" boss "!!!

By the way ..Nice hunt tab. Next thing you know..All your gold rings will be confiscated LOL

You know this was a fun post from me.. Really man that was awesome on the finds.. Great JOB !!

Elton I can do exactly as I please around my castle as long as I'm willing to pay consequences for my actions. :)

tabman

nice finds for a short hunt before the "honey do list".. I like the 54 cal.. I got out with my upgraged F75 today... mine is not as quite as others after the upgrade... but managable.. congrats on a good day HH

The bullet you found is a ringtail sharps bullet. I really like reading your posts, maybe because you find more than anyone else:) and also because you use a variety of detectors

Tabman, I have read most all of your posts and looked at the great pictures you post. I have noticed how neat and you are with your plugs and I applaud you for your digging methods. You are a credit to the hobby. There is nothing worse to see a person go into a manicured park with a big digging tool and dig plugs a foot or bigger to find a 5 inch deep coin. Obviously, you have learned your detectors well and can pinpoint with the best in the hobby.

pan4au said:
nice finds for a short hunt before the "honey do list".. I like the 54 cal.. I got out with my upgraged F75 today... mine is not as quite as others after the upgrade... but managable.. congrats on a good day HH

Thanks. I don't ever have a much of a "honey do list", but when asked I've learned that it's in my best interest to comply.

tabman

coinhunterseth said:
The bullet you found is a ringtail sharps bullet. I really like reading your posts, maybe because you find more than anyone else:) and also because you use a variety of detectors

Thanks. I don't know about finding more than anyone else, but I do have a boatload of detectors to play with.:)

tabman

RLOH said:
Tabman, I have read most all of your posts and looked at the great pictures you post. I have noticed how neat and you are with your plugs and I applaud you for your digging methods. You are a credit to the hobby. There is nothing worse to see a person go into a manicured park with a big digging tool and dig plugs a foot or bigger to find a 5 inch deep coin. Obviously, you have learned your detectors well and can pinpoint with the best in the hobby.

Thanks. I really appreciate that. Having the right digging tools helps. I keep them sharp. I cut my plugs deep and wide enough so not to damage a gold ring or silver coin. Once I recover the target, I rake the loose dirt back into the hole, insert the plug and give it a good hard stomping. I don't won't anyone to know that I've been there.

The camera that I use to take these pictures with is a Canon PowerShot Digital ELPH SD600 6.0 MP Digital Camera. I bought it used on line for $20 dollars shipped. It came with a memory card, battery and charger. It's just like the one that I bought new many years ago that finally wore out and quit working. I have a better camera that I keep at home but I don't feel comfortable taking it out detecting with me. I get myself muddy from head to toe sometimes.:)

tabman

n/t

Great hunt Gerald! You never fail to impress with your finds! I think I've forgotten what silver looks like!

Got out last night to Libertyland for about 5 hours with a new hunting partner and he scored his first silver EVER - he's been detecting for about 2 years now with an AT PRO. He also found two Wheats and some clad and is as motivated to hunt as I am or maybe moreso!

We should get together sometime - I'm sure there's a rental or two we could ransack LOL!

CZconnoisseur said:
Great hunt Gerald! You never fail to impress with your finds! I think I've forgotten what silver looks like!

Got out last night to Libertyland for about 5 hours with a new hunting partner and he scored his first silver EVER - he's been detecting for about 2 years now with an AT PRO. He also found two Wheats and some clad and is as motivated to hunt as I am or maybe moreso!

We should get together sometime - I'm sure there's a rental or two we could ransack LOL!

Thanks. Taylor I'm free to go most of the time and can work around your work schedule for any daytime hunt. Maybe we can hit another rental that's loaded with silver coins. I believe you got six and I got three on one of those hot rentals. I would have a hard keeping up with you when it comes to finding silver coins if you had as much free time to detect as I have.

tabman