Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher Fisher Impulse-AQ

Just trying to find out about any reviews on a Fisher impulse, AQ.
I've got two. They are deep, smooth threshold. Some people pan the discrimination capabilities; the discrimination is not like a VLF detector but I find it is useful; you still need to develop an ear for the width and shape of the sounding on targets to avoid digging most of the iron bits. The stock battery only lasts about three hours on a good day which is not enough. More battery capacity is needed and Fisher has not addressed that yet. Mine have more than paid for themselves. As Jim noted, a lot more info over at detectorprospector.

Here is my best outing with the AQ, although I suspect that the Excal would have found it all too on that day since none were that deep, the bottom was holding the targets and the water movement had washed away much of the covering sand. The chain does test as 10k solid gold.

Last edited:
Love my AQ's but I would not recommend the current model due to poor battery life. Hopefully in the future we will see the next generation which offers drop in batteries and run time of 5.5 hours. Performance is about the same, very deep. As far as the discrimination side, which I rarely use, it does well but a hair adjustment can make all the difference in how that setting works.
A few video's.. If you look close at the first two video's you will see the next Gen model..

If you look close at the first two video's you will see the next Gen model.
If you can say ... any insight about whether or not the potentiometers have been replaced with more robust ones? And is there actually going to be a release of the next Gen model?
Thanks!

If you can say ... any insight about whether or not the potentiometers have been replaced with more robust ones? And is there actually going to be a release of the next Gen model?
Thanks!
I think this one is still using the original Potentiometers, but I did hear possible big changes are being worked on? Now which......... and if any will make it into our hands is the Big Question. I'm just glad I snagged a second unit for my clock is ticking and I don't see anything coming out soon. And this is my opinion for First Texas shares no information.

I think this one is still using the original Potentiometers, but I did hear possible big changes are being worked on? Now which......... and if any will make it into our hands is the Big Question. I'm just glad I snagged a second unit for my clock is ticking and I don't see anything coming out soon. And this is my opinion for First Texas shares no information.
Thanks for the info. Hope you are making best use of your AQs. I'm splitting time between detecting, fishing and family. Digging the deep targets the AQ finds during a day's use takes me a day or two to recover now ... and it will not be getting any better as the years continue to roll by.

I'm hoping that "possible big changes" means digitizing the processing ... first issue will be isolating the A to D converter from the noise of the high powered pulse ... but once digitized a whole realm of possibilities might open up if they have one or two very good coding mathematicians on the team who know signal processing. That could also put things behind a touch pad and solve issues related to keeping salt water away from pot shafts.
Cheers!

:stars:

Do you have health problems? I do and know my days are short for anything an MD my md days are very short

Do you have health problems? I do and know my days are short for anything an MD my md days are very short
Not sure who you are asking ... as for me, I'm just getting old with aches and pains after exertion that take a lot longer to recover from than when I was younger.

Walking the beach then crawling back to the car. Then after a rest wanting to do it again and again. Keeps me goin'.