Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher - Made in the U.S.?

Charlie P. (NY)

A fellow on a different forum is knocking me on the head because he claims the new Fishers (F-2 & F-4) are sporting "Made in China" labels on the box.

Any truth in that?

The address for First Texas is El Paso, which if a border town. When I was having trouble with my F75 and sent it in to be worked on, I called down there and they let me talk to the man that was in charge of the technicians working on the machines. He spoke English with a spanish accent. My guess is he was first generation Mexican-American. He said he would speak to the woman who was doing the actual repair. There were very loud factory (loud banging) sounds in the background, so she apparently came right up to him to be heard as I could hear their conversation clearly. The only English out of her mouth was "F75" everything else was Spanish. My guess is that the supervisors are American citizens that are fluent in Spanish and English and that the majority of their factory workers are Mexicans that cross the border each day with a green card to work in the factory in or near El Paso and then go home to the other side of the border each night. Just my guess. I could be wrong, but that is my simple deduction just based on what happened during that phone call.

And they probably take more pride in their work than the guy thinking about the Superbowl, his wife discovering his mistress and rushing through Monday thinking about Friday while throwing the last few parts together to get home to a few beers and watching "Gerry Springer"

My last Ford car and my wife's current diesel VW Jetta had one thing in common - they were both made in Mexico.

I just spoke with Felix in the repair lab regarding sending my F-75 in and he told me I seemed "less aggressive" than most New Yorkers he talks with. No surprise there, I'm from Upstate. I had a good chat with him and I'm confident my F-75 will be in good hands. It's on the road as I type.

Back before I bought my C$ the gent I was referred to as the resident "expert" on that detector told me it would be "up datable with new chips"......well its now HISTORY as production has ceased and I'M STILL WAITING FOR THAT CHIP.:sad:

Got a reply back from Fisher (within two hours, I might add):

That settles that. I'm making it a project to fight back at all the G.D. lies sliding around regarding Fisher. Burns my toast that these rumors get air-play and there's never a retraction or apology. Grrrrrrr.

Most major manufacturers assemble their unit in the U.S. but of course not all parts are made in U.S...So made in America might be a tad misleading but then again lots of our appliances cars and the like have some foreign parts..

There is some good info over there but much of it is just plain nonsense!

They even have a 5" club. Must be a serious case of detector envy! :lol:

[attachment 80705 Tnet.jpg]

Sorry, the Devil(Tom) made me do it.:rofl:

Bad bad :nono::nono: BarnacleBill

Well, the way the mexicans keep coming over here, one day it won't make a bit of difference if the box says made in Mexico or Made in the USA.
I guess we'll just have to all move to Mexico, develope the place for them, but then they will all want to move back after we do all the work. Can't win for lose!:rofl:
Robert R

My two cents on FRL these days, Felix was unprepared to respond to my queries or did not have the time but the tech, Dan did a fine job of detailing the issues when I finally got a call from him. I doubt the bench techs would be non-english speaking. After all, no matter how many chickens or bags of rice they pay you for a days work, if you can't determine voltage levels or evaluate parametric data off your bench, you're no good to the company.

You can however drive a screw pnuematically, perhaps over-torqueing a screw and cracking sub-par material (screw boss or cover plates) if there are no torque specs or you don't understand the concept of torque specs as an assmebly worker.

Last night I had the distinct pleasure of saving this young new-to-America-workers life who did not understand he could not stop or catch a 1300+ lb. stack of steel strapping. While he did not understand my admonitions, I got an interpreter readily as I am the only one left in my group that is truly a bi-lingual American. I speak English and Foul.

Happy Hunting!

* Sigh *

And I am just certain that everyone in the Los Banos, CA plant two years ago was of blond hair and blue eyes and had a NASCAR sticker on their Chevy pickups and owned no dogs that weren't American Bull Terriers.

My firm is in upstate NY and 25% of our laminate crew is from Thailand. We can't keep Americans at the nasty job of applying laminate glues or working over a hot edge-bander machine. I was cleaning out the desk of our former controller and there was a size small button-up white shirt still in the wrapper with our logo. One of the Thai workers was helping me move boxes and I handed it to him. You'd have thought I gave him a company car. I'm pretty sure he would jump in front of a bullet for me since then. I know for a fact they work hard and work well. Our boys are flying helicopters right now that have components assembled nearby at the L3, Lockheed and BAE plants with more employees from our local Thai community.

Rome was great while it was able to expand the empire. America had the land and will be great while we can grow as a country. We are a nation of immigrants, remember. You do know that big lady in the harbor still has the sign that says:

"Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

You are an American. But do you remember what it is to be an American?

we live in a very homogenous world these days!..i agree with dan,in that ANYTHING made in the u.s.a. containing parts ALSO manufactured here is becoming increasingly difficult to find!

(h.h!)
j.t.

the statue of liberty was a gift from france along with the famous words etched into it!..

(h.h!)
j.t.

you got a long a** wait!...shame too!..i guess fisher thought we was all college educated!

(h.h!)
j.t.

funny thing was they was going to keep it,and put it in their own harbor,however the french got to thinkin' about it,and decided they could cause a world of grief
by sendin' it over here!..they never liked us much any way!..they came to our aid during the revolution NOT because they liked US,but because they hated the brits!

(h.h.!)
j.t.