Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

FISHER NEW MULTI FREQUENCY DUE THIS YEAR (from Steve Herschbach's site)

Yes I saw that . If you check the date of that article,it was 2022 , still nothing. I wished they would. I would rather spend my money with an American made MD manufacture. Going to be mighty difficult to out perform my XPD2 WS6M 😃

There was supposed to be one introduced about the time the pandemic hit and it never materialized. There was a one page brochure on it ... that I unfortunately have not been able to find to post here. The detector was named to. With no new information for two years and then it becomes a rumored detector again, that once again missed a proposed release date, I am not holding my breath in anticipation.

Yes I saw that . If you check the date of that article,it was 2022 , still nothing. I wished they would. I would rather spend my money with an American made MD manufacture. Going to be mighty difficult to out perform my XPD2 WS6M 😃
(I note this is 2022 also.) That is an odd statement about spending money on an American detector if you use one from France and then state preemptively that it will be mighty difficult to out perform your foreign detector, based on what,? You have not even seen much less tested the new detector and you are condemning it and do not lay out any logical causal reasons. I wonder if you are using magical or superstitious thinking based on the belief that unrelated events are causally connected despite the absence of any plausible causal link between them, particularly as a result of supernatural effects, Do you use a crystal ball or Tarot cards or numerology to figure things out because I see no logic or science at all. (And you use circular reasoning: you assume the truth of the conclusion without proving the premise.) Enlighten us please, maybe alchemy works and lead is turned to gold and illogic is the way of the world in Oklahoma.:stars:

There was supposed to be one introduced about the time the pandemic hit and it never materialized. There was a one page brochure on it ... that I unfortunately have not been able to find to post here. The detector was named to. With no new information for two years and then it becomes a rumored detector again, that once again missed a proposed release date, I am not holding my breath in anticipation.
SOMEONE needs to build a fire in FRL at El Paso because it seems their latest offerings are several years old and are the cheap F Series made in China and they excite NOBODY. (reminds me of Whites before they closed) :blowup:

There was supposed to be one introduced about the time the pandemic hit and it never materialized. There was a one page brochure on it ... that I unfortunately have not been able to find to post here. The detector was named to. With no new information for two years and then it becomes a rumored detector again, that once again missed a proposed release date, I am not holding my breath in anticipation.Does the Impulse AQ separate targets into high & low conductors?
Does the Impulse AQ separate targets into high & low conductors, or group them all together?

Does the Impulse AQ separate targets into high & low conductors, or group them all together?
In tone mode it goes low tone or high tone with stuff on the edge kind of modulated. Tuning is a combination of reject and ATS settings. The points of transition to low tone can be a bit sensitive on small changes to the ATS settings. In Mute, you either hear targets or don't hear them. What goes low tone or is excluded ... some of the iron and the high conductors like copper, silver, large lead sinkers and aluminum cans, but not small bits of aluminum. It can also exclude, or make low tone, large gold rings; so you have to be careful on set up and how you choose to hunt. I normally hunt it all metal and listen and use tone as a check. In peak fresh drop season (coming up soon) I'll run tones and go for the target window containing most of the gold rings, chains and earrings. Like with many detectors, bottle caps are tough ... the giveaway on bottle caps is that the tone is wider and not narrow like most of the desirable targets are. I can mostly call bottle caps before digging, but still dig most of them just from the nagging feeling that I might miss something good.

(I note this is 2022 also.) That is an odd statement about spending money on an American detector if you use one from France and then state preemptively that it will be mighty difficult to out perform your foreign detector, based on what,? You have not even seen much less tested the new detector and you are condemning it and do not lay out any logical causal reasons. I wonder if you are using magical or superstitious thinking based on the belief that unrelated events are causally connected despite the absence of any plausible causal link between them, particularly as a result of supernatural effects, Do you use a crystal ball or Tarot cards or numerology to figure things out because I see no logic or science at all. (And you use circular reasoning: you assume the truth of the conclusion without proving the premise.) Enlighten us please, maybe alchemy works and lead is turned to gold and illogic is the way of the world in Oklahoma.:stars:
Vlad, I basically said I would rather spend my money on a metal detector offered by an American manufacturer…… But that isn’t possible…. I am not a brand loyalist, so I am using one of the best Detectors available. Since First Texas hasn’t offered a high end coin/ relic detector in years. I guess my proof of excellent detector comes from 47 years in this hobby and using most high end detectors from most metal detector manufacturers. There was nothing odd about my statement. Purely the results I am getting with the XP product and how it stands up against other detectors. It checks ALL of my boxes as a superior detector. Great finds regularly, Silver ,old coins/ tokens at 7”- 10” depths. My proof is what I am finding!!!🇺🇸😃🇺🇸HH Tony……… you should try one Vlad , you might like it ????

Vlad, I basically said I would rather spend my money on a metal detector offered by an American manufacturer…… But that isn’t possible…. I am not a brand loyalist, so I am using one of the best Detectors available. Since First Texas hasn’t offered a high end coin/ relic detector in years. I guess my proof of excellent detector comes from 47 years in this hobby and using most high end detectors from most metal detector manufacturers. There was nothing odd about my statement. Purely the results I am getting with the XP product and how it stands up against other detectors. It checks ALL of my boxes as a superior detector. Great finds regularly, Silver ,old coins/ tokens at 7”- 10” depths. My proof is what I am finding!!!🇺🇸😃🇺🇸HH Tony……… you should try one Vlad , you might like it ????
My CZ's get 12"+ on cents and dimes so if they break and are unrepairable will look at a Manticore as Nasa Tom likes it. The Impulse AQ is interesting too but $2000 is too stiff & in 52 years
I have never paid that much per the economy of scale. As to the Deus, I prefer hard wired, but good luck with it in high emi environments as I have read some troubling stories.
(Will we meet in the SEC this year, LSU vs OK?):cheers:

In tone mode it goes low tone or high tone with stuff on the edge kind of modulated. Tuning is a combination of reject and ATS settings. The points of transition to low tone can be a bit sensitive on small changes to the ATS settings. In Mute, you either hear targets or don't hear them. What goes low tone or is excluded ... some of the iron and the high conductors like copper, silver, large lead sinkers and aluminum cans, but not small bits of aluminum. It can also exclude, or make low tone, large gold rings; so you have to be careful on set up and how you choose to hunt. I normally hunt it all metal and listen and use tone as a check. In peak fresh drop season (coming up soon) I'll run tones and go for the target window containing most of the gold rings, chains and earrings. Like with many detectors, bottle caps are tough ... the giveaway on bottle caps is that the tone is wider and not narrow like most of the desirable targets are. I can mostly call bottle caps before digging, but still dig most of them just from the nagging feeling that I might miss something good.
Is it motion or non motion, and if motion is there a pinpoint? Is it a DD or mono loop, and is it hard wired? Are small nails put in low or high conductor, and does it ground balance?
(I have not seen a good video yet,) Old Beech Nut seems to like it.

Is it motion or non motion, and if motion is there a pinpoint? Is it a DD or mono loop, and is it hard wired? Are small nails put in low or high conductor, and does it ground balance?
(I have not seen a good video yet,) Old Beech Nut seems to like it.
It is motion, but takes very little motion so it is easy to pinpoint. No pinpoint button.
Mono loop, wired with a connector.
Nails are put low or high based on how you have the detector set up. With bobby pins, whether it is the alloy in how they are made springy, or in shape, are very hard to make go low tone. I haven't figured that one out nor have I heard a good explanation yet.
Does not ground balance. My understanding is that is part of a trade off for how it is designed to handle salt in beach environments. It is tailored for the beach and handling very heavy black and volcanic sands when that is needed and not tailored for land use. The version that is supposed to be developed for gold fields is supposed to have ground balance, but I have not heard of anyone actually getting their hands on one yet.

Over on Steve H.'s pages OldBeechnut (he posts over there as Joe Beechnut OBN) has put up a lot of test videos from the very early release time period and then added several as he did more detecting with it.

Don't know if you know Carolina (Tom) or are familiar with him ... Eric Foster was one of his friends. Carolina sent his Impulse AQ LTD to Eric to look at. I don't recall all of what was posted about it, but Eric suggested the metal nut used at the coil connector to housing joint be replaced with a non-conductive one to reduce capacitive coupling and that the pulse width be increased to better light up the big, high carat gold. Eric also made a small run of I think it was 10 inch coils for the AQ. OldBeechnut is very happy with that coil.

Best information I see available is to go to Steve H's site and search on posts about the AQ done by Alexandre Tartar, Le Jag, Carolina. Joe Beechnut OBN and cjc (Clive Clynick). There is a wealth of information, but it does take time to go through it all and I am not a fan of how that site's search capabilities work.

Last edited:
My CZ's get 12"+ on cents and dimes so if they break and are unrepairable will look at a Manticore as Nasa Tom likes it. The Impulse AQ is interesting too but $2000 is too stiff & in 52 years
I have never paid that much per the economy of scale. As to the Deus, I prefer hard wired, but good luck with it in high emi environments as I have read some troubling stories.
(Will we meet in the SEC this year, LSU vs OK?):cheers:
The CZ 5 was my go to detector for 27 years . I tried many other detectors. Later added a Cz70. My CZs maxed out at 10” on dimes. They were working great when I sold them. Fisher no longer services them. They will probably keep going for years to come. But they were heavy and after a 6-8 hour outing. I was hurting. If you’re in pain you can’t be focusing on the audio as much , you get sloppy with swing. It’s becomes easy to miss good targets. The D2 WS6 for me is just excellent on nickels . Actually better than the CZs . Plus I can make the D2 audio almost Mimic the cz high tone perfectly. Now , with the D2 I get to hunt all day with no problems or being wore out . So I get to detect more !!! Yes OU will probably get to play LSU ….. the SEC will Not be a walk in the park for OU !!!! Things are about to get tuff !!!! HH Tony

The CZ 5 was my go to detector for 27 years . I tried many other detectors. Later added a Cz70. My CZs maxed out at 10” on dimes. They were working great when I sold them. Fisher no longer services them. They will probably keep going for years to come. But they were heavy and after a 6-8 hour outing. I was hurting. If you’re in pain you can’t be focusing on the audio as much , you get sloppy with swing. It’s becomes easy to miss good targets. The D2 WS6 for me is just excellent on nickels . Actually better than the CZs . Plus I can make the D2 audio almost Mimic the cz high tone perfectly. Now , with the D2 I get to hunt all day with no problems or being wore out . So I get to detect more !!! Yes OU will probably get to play LSU ….. the SEC will Not be a walk in the park for OU !!!! Things are about to get tuff !!!! HH Tony
For God's sakes, heavy? I am paralyzed from the waist up on the left and the arm is gone........my right arm is worn out from doing the work of two and my elbow is missing cartilage and I cannot translate doctor talk
for my shoulder, and hand (and have sculliosis and spinal stenosis and a fibriod cyst growing through a surgical hole in my spinal column pressing on my spinal cord,) So I gave up my Treasure Baron Deephunter
w/16 AA's and 11" coil because it was heavy. My NASA Tom CZ's will will hit 11 to 12" with the 10.5 (not sure about my SE Pro) and I am 1 year short of 70.. My knees are a bigger problem but I am still digging worms,
2-3 hours before a break then back at it and will be digging more pieces of eight when I get back to the Philippines. (no one hunts there) :buds:
And we always put Mike The Tiger in his cage behind the visiting team's bench.:blowup:

Attachments

• a2d70432f9d36b5e65839cfd40056e85.jpg
    a2d70432f9d36b5e65839cfd40056e85.jpg
    974.5 KB · Views: 71
My CZ7 didn’t seem that heavy but with the 8 1/2 inch coil. it does take 12 triple A batteries - I had it converted from 9 volts.

I attempted to sell it last month on this site but deal fell through.
Tony NJ

It is motion, but takes very little motion so it is easy to pinpoint. No pinpoint button.
Mono loop, wired with a connector.
Nails are put low or high based on how you have the detector set up. With bobby pins, whether it is the alloy in how they are made springy, or in shape, are very hard to make go low tone. I haven't figured that one out nor have I heard a good explanation yet.
Does not ground balance. My understanding is that is part of a trade off for how it is designed to handle salt in beach environments. It is tailored for the beach and handling very heavy black and volcanic sands when that is needed and not tailored for land use. The version that is supposed to be developed for gold fields is supposed to have ground balance, but I have not heard of anyone actually getting their hands on one yet.

Over on Steve H.'s pages OldBeechnut (he posts over there as Joe Beechnut OBN) has put up a lot of test videos from the very early release time period and then added several as he did more detecting with it.

Don't know if you know Carolina (Tom) or are familiar with him ... Eric Foster was one of his friends. Carolina sent his Impulse AQ LTD to Eric to look at. I don't recall all of what was posted about it, but Eric suggested the metal nut used at the coil connector to housing joint be replaced with a non-conductive one to reduce capacitive coupling and that the pulse width be increased to better light up the big, high carat gold. Eric also made a small run of I think it was 10 inch coils for the AQ. OldBeechnut is very happy with that coil.

Best information I see available is to go to Steve H's site and search on posts about the AQ done by Alexandre Tartar, Le Jag, Carolina. Joe Beechnut OBN and cjc (Clive Clynick). There is a wealth of information, but it does take time to go through it all and I am not a fan of how that site's search capabilities work.
I have known Old Beechnut (Timothy Joe P.) for many years and gave him a older Eric Foster Pulse (pre gold scan.) I knew Eric from '79 and his stateside rep Tony Spooner sent me the 1st Goldscan prototype that ground
cancelled and had high vs low conductors--it worked in bad ground: one was sent to a guy in California who disappeared with it. Eric was a genius and did not patent much of his stuff. Do not know Carolina. Wired
with a connector? does it unscrew? I thought black sand setting reduced the transmit some to not overdrive transmit. The GB on those units is a plus on wet salt but can reduce depth some but it CAN BE TURNED OFF TOO. I think someone at FRL was pennywise and pound foolish and trying to save a few dollars off the cost. (I have been in wet salt very bad neg mineral too and without a GB PI its like raising an old TR loop in the old days.) When Eric first designed his PI's they were used in the UK with neutral ground the US is different, East Texas was similar, but when I got to Mid Tennessee with
the harsh neg minerals the depth was gone and my Deepseeker in GB mode was deeper,

Wired
with a connector? does it unscrew? I thought black sand setting reduced the transmit some to not overdrive transmit. The GB on those units is a plus on wet salt but can reduce depth some but it CAN BE TURNED OFF TOO. I think someone at FRL was pennywise and pound foolish and trying to save a few dollars off the cost. (I have been in wet salt very bad neg mineral too and without a GB PI its like raising an old TR loop in the old days.) When Eric first designed his PI's they were used in the UK with neutral ground the US is different, East Texas was similar, but when I got to Mid Tennessee with
the harsh neg minerals the depth was gone and my Deepseeker in GB mode was deeper,
Yes, wired with a connector. You can replace coils. Fisher delivered the 12.5 inch coil and had some 8 inch coils for sale ... as noted Eric made a few "right sized" coils.
The modes on the detector are all metal, tones, mute and volcanic sand. I don't know what parameters change with the different mode selections; but per information provided in several posts in the other forum, parameters change. There is at least one video showing the AQ finding deep targets in volcanic sand that some other detectors can't see targets on the surface; one of those being an Excal.

Yes, wired with a connector. You can replace coils. Fisher delivered the 12.5 inch coil and had some 8 inch coils for sale ... as noted Eric made a few "right sized" coils.
The modes on the detector are all metal, tones, mute and volcanic sand. I don't know what parameters change with the different mode selections; but per information provided in several posts in the other forum, parameters change. There is at least one video showing the AQ finding deep targets in volcanic sand that some other detectors can't see targets on the surface; one of those being an Excal.
I would be amazed that any VLF types would work in black sand: P.I.'s working in that matrix is literally unique to the design (and Charles Garrett wrote about this.) I used my older unit in ground even
worse than that which contained heavy iron ore with no problem. What seems so odd is the Tdi & the Garrett ATX & Axiom have ground balances, to use or not and no one ever said the designs would gave been
superior had they been left off, just cheaper. I do not know about ML, I think the have GB. (Would you believe Dodge/Ply/Chrysler put 440 engines in cars instead of 426 Hemis because they saved $20 per car
and drum brakes over disc saved them $40?)

My CZ7 didn’t seem that heavy but with the 8 1/2 inch coil. it does take 12 triple A batteries - I had it converted from 9 volts.

Tony NJ
Put it back up, people are looking and AA's last longer than 9volt.

Tony NJ
Have you tried an XP detector, extremely lite !! All around great detector for me .