Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fishing and Detecting

Prep1957

Went fishing couple hours spent last hour wading swimming area.Put Safari 37,38,39 open ,everything else closed just trying to get clad quarters was surprised got 2 silver rings one .925 cleaned up real nice other said sterling worked on quite a while still not cleaned all the way.Found $47.25 just in clad quarters so far.Finally rained enough to go after something older.

You might have missed some gold with just those numbers open?

Nice rings! I always prefer to find silver rings over clad regardless of the value. I definately think you should open the discrimination up and go back for the gold jewelry!

And I am going to steal your idea for how to display a ring so that a pic can be taken! :thumbup:

Wow! let's see

47X 4 = 188 Quarters.... let's say your real good and get a quarter every 5 minutes 5 x 188 = 940 / 60 = 15.6 hours of searching and digging there

Most of us don't do that well so lets double it to 30 + hours...

Wow again...

The coins are so thick at this small beach the strip pit water level is down 7 feet.I started working 6-12 hour days so I helped a friends son I use to hunt with who had passed away.Since I knew I would not be hunting anytime soon with my work load I told him to meet me at the beach with his dads old detectors.I picked his dads old 1265 fisher.I gave him a 1 hour crash course on how to use it.I saw him about 3 weeks ago and he had $318 face value in clad and about 3 dollars face value in silver.Plus about 5 silver rings.Talk about getting hooked on coin hunting.He never hunted the water either was afraid it would hurt his detector.Now that he has most of those newer coins out of the way maybe I can find a day to go for gold.