Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fixing a pro pointer?

bleeohio

My pro pointer on off switch went wonky on me (broke). Worked fine other than that. I'm sure it's out of warranty as I've had it quite a few years now. So I took it apart and sure enough the little white button was broke, then I lost the little spring which isn't hard to do, I've got the knack.
Is it worth sending in to Garrett for repair? Do they do that kind of service for out of warranty items? Thanks.

Personally, I've never tried to send one back for repair but I've heard good reports on this forum about other people doing it.
My advice would be if your pinpointer is less than five years old I'd send it back, over five years old just buy a new one. I've had two Garrett pinpointers in the last six years and my new one is leaps and bounds better than my first one.