Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Flag question

hawgdawg

I posted this on another forum . I have the opportunity to buy an original Civil War Confederate Flag . Authenticated . What do you think is a fair price , I know it depends on the shape it's in . But with the way things are today , do you think it would be worth more or less in say 30 to 40 years . This is our American History , this is not a North vs South post . I would only be passing this down to my daughter as heritage , history . But , by then , you're pushing 200 years on a piece of history . I'm thinking , there will be very few of these left , maybe museum pieces only . What's your thoughts ?

I see red flags............. authenticated by whom? Lots of old counterfeits out there, so a professional conservator will be much more help than a forum, especially with climate controlled storage, price, insurance and other needed advise on such a rare piece. Use extreme caution.

Thanks , a few things I haven't thought about . I will take my time and look into the paperwork for this .

There are more fakes than real, and old fakes, but if its real it will appreciate especially for the 200 anniversary. Good luck and a real one is thousands, maybe 10's of thousands.

Buyer beware ! If it isn't from a reputable antique dealer whose been in business forever , along with documented authentication, it's a fake. !!! :shrug:

I know a guy who has one man his heart would be broken if he found out he bought a fake dont talk to him anymore because he jumped my spot with his buddy. With friends like that who needs enemys!

Please read this article in its entirety for great situational awareness. CCH

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/almost-every-civil-war-confederate-flag-is-fake-2015-06-23