Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Flat Battery Notice

Bell-Two

Hi I was out detecting and I got a reading on the E-Trac screen saying "Flat Battery" did not notice any beeps that battery was low, I thought I still had some charge but it was very cold about 30-32 degrees. I put in my other rechargeable and had no problem. Is that what it normally says when you battery is too low, never experienced that before.

Found the answer, it was in the manual I looked last night when I got home but I guess I was too tired to see it. Thanks

My E-Trac has always made that funny, low frequency decending tone when the batteries are at their end.

Now you're going to make me look up the warning in the manual aren't you?

For all you E-trac'ers with inquiring minds, that want to know. There are 5 stages of battery life that will show up using your on-screen BATTERY ICON and a 6th once the detector shuts down.

Full battery - all segments full in battery icon
3/4 battery - 3 of the 4 segments appear
1/2 battery - 2 of the 4 segments appear
1/4 battery - 1 of the 4 segments appear
0 battery - none of the segments appear, battery nearly depleted.

and lastly:

Flat Battery - (detector has turned itself off in order to preserve your settings)

I used to receive flat battery notices at least once an hour, thought it was the rechargeable batteries I was using, then it would do it on the battery pack as well. Turned out to be a cracked solder joint on the battery terminal PCB. It was easy to get to, I wanted to add a different grip anyway :p Since re soldering the PCB I have had zero issues :ninja:

Hi all, I went out thursday and battery went dead(flat battery) brought it home and charged it for a few hours(at least three) and hunted with it a hour friday and about three hours saturday and it went dead again. This time I charged it overnight. Wondering how long the battery is warrented for just in case. My e-tac is only about three months old.

The battery can take up to 18 hours to fully charge. The charger is rated at 100mAh, the standard pack is 1600mAh. The math says 16 hours :)

I thought the manual said to charge it overnight the first time then after that it should take only a few hours to fully charge.

The manual actually sais 18 hours for the first time, and may take less time after it's initial charge. The charger only charges at 100mAh, so it is best just to charge it overnight. With such a low charging current you could leave it plugged in with no worries.

Thanks CDDZ, I think I will start plugging it in after each hunt and leaving it till the next day.

Good info on the charge rate as it applies to the batterys mAh rating, thanks!

...and did I read that these batteries do not develop "memory"? I don't have my E-Trac yet, but it's coming in the mail...trying to figure all these details out. Used to get tired of completely draining my old Sovereign batts before recharging..