Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Florida Beach Hunting Settings

rarysgaard

I will be beach hunting in South Beach,Miami and want to know what settings to use. I will be experimenting with my new SEF 12x15 coil and will also bring the 6" excelerator coil. I've read with the large coil to lower the sensitivity so as not to overwhelm the machine I was planning on hunting with zero discrimination so as not to miss any chains or thin rings. With the 6' I intend to set sensitivity on max. How deep will that go on a ring? I'm only going to be hunting in the sand both wet and dry and am only interested in finding jewelry. Thanks!

the depth will depend if its a thin pinky ring or a nfl superbowl ring. I would use the beach program but use manual sens. and pitch hold.

good luck

HH

mikeB

On the beach I use 2 tone ferrous no discrimination. I cant prove it but I believe that no discrimination gives me quite a bit more depth. I live in the Florida Panhandle and there is not a lot of iron on the beaches, and I dig every non ferrous target.