Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Florida Locations

finnfoto

Florida Beaches
Florida Beaches are some of the most well known in the world. Florida has hundreds of beach resort towns and areas to choose from to meet your vacationing and treasure hunting needs.

Here are just a few reasons for you the treasure Hunter to hunt Florida. Pieces of Eight and Doubloons -- Reales and Escudos

Florida has over 8000 miles of tidal shore lines and 1,350 miles of Beaches.

It see’s over 40 million tourists every single year.

There are over 200 Spanish and pirate shipwrecks alone off of Floridas East coast and items from these Wrecks wash ashore almost every day . This means Major finds for you the treasure hunter.

So with all the wrecks and all the visitors you are almost always going to find treasures on the beaches of Florida.

It’s also legal to metal detect on 95% of Florida’s public beaches. This means also you have plenty of hunting ground to cover.

Year round is always productive ,however after a storm, that’s when the treasures can really be found.

You will mostly find on Floridas beaches

Plenty of coins and a lot of high end jewelry, the coins will be of recent dates and occasionally some very valuable coins, also, some 50 cal.shells from wwII . an occasional cell phone and plenty of toys and at times anything from camera’s mp3’s the list goes on.

(Jackson ville beaces), There are numerous shipwrecks along this area and most are of more modern day , However. Don’t let this deter you from hunting these beaches. Many finds includeing the usual coin and jewelry always prevail.
(Titusville), In mosquito inlet holds an 1880 ship wreck just 25miles off Port Canaveral..Also it holds roughly 5 more ships that went down in the Port Canaveral area from what I could find in my research. A must hunt area.

(Daytona Beach).

This is a good treasure hunting beach simply for the reason it gets very busy year around .
With Bike week, Spring break, boats and fishing tournaments .
However this is a pay a fee beach . because you can drive your car on the beach.
Now the down side to hunting on this beach is the sand is very hard packed because of the traffic , so digging is a bit harder.
Still a good coin beach, and jewelry beach . Parking is free and pay to park areas as well. With a lot of tourists as mentioned.

The better detecting beach area would be Daytona beach pier.
This gets tons of people and theres always entertainment and this along the sides of the peir makes for great detecting. A definite coin area.

(Jacksonville city pier.)
Great detecting area, with plenty of parking, However it also is a harder sand area, but this area is a great coin and jewelry area .
(Vero beach).
A lot of parking available.
This beach has produced some major nice finds over the years. Including people simply walking on this beach and finding things such as a 1715 emerald crusted gold cross. Valued at over $20,000 and quite a few realls.
This is a must hunt beach, However.
This beach is a must hunt beach after a good storm. The odds of finding some very valuable items like older more valuable coins and relics are very very good.

(Turtle trail Beach)☺
A great Treasure beach, with a lot of old realls being found here. Parking is very good as well.

(Hutcheson Island):
A lot of fantastic treasure finds here,
From Spanish reall to relics and recent coins as well.
Parking is also very good here.

(Deer field beach):
A must hunt beach, as this beach gets tons of visitors year round ,with a nice long pier and plenty of entertainment.
Your chances of finding some real nice jewelry are very good on this beach. this is a fee parking area ,however you can find some spots where its free,but you may walk a short distance to get to the beach.

TREASURE COAST BEACHES OF FLORIDA.
In 1715, Over 11 spanish ships went down off the costal area. $$$$$

(Sebastion inlet park),
Great beach to hunt with potential for finding old coins, relics, Parking is good most times of the day. 4 star ****

(Fort Lauderdale),
Lots of parking,mostly metered parking but some free. Lots of tourists during spring break a favorite spot for beach goes while in Florida. Great Metal detecting beaches, Possible finds almost always include, Coins of recent and older dates, jewelry is a given.

(Hollywood beach), Major long boardwalk and a top spot for finding modern gold jewelry.

(Miami),
These beaches are real good beaches to hunt, However parking is difficult at times unless your staying in one of the near by hotels. A lot of beach goers and tourists here. , I would recommend detecting the Miami beaches early in the morning. 4 star ****, coin’s, high end jewelry,

(South Beach).
A fantastic beach area to hunt, Tons of people here year round. Lots of tourists and good finds.
Coins, and also high end jewelry.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I compiled this info of research and first hand experience hunting.

I truly hope that you find this to be very helpful in helping you find treasure and find some areas that are very productive in your treasure hunting adventures.

As always be safe when hunting and respect the area your hunting and always fill in your holes.
Treasure hunting with a metal detector is a fun hobby and past time and we as hunters must always remember that our actions in the areas we hunt affect our opportunities and others for being able to continue to hunt them.

Best Of Luck.
R.S.Wagaman

Thank you so much for the detailed list. Just came back from Orlando and every day we made the 1 hour and 10 minute ride to Cocoa beach. Did not find anything of any great vlue just everything else. This was my first salt water detecting with my new Sand Shark.

I live in Ormond Beach, just north of Daytona. I do all my beach hunting between those two towns. One problem with those beaches IS the sand is hard and people just bend over and pick up what they drop. If they don't know they dropped it then the next person walking just picks it up. However, the tides are such that at high tide when people go in and drop something it can get washed under the sand, at low tide, given the very gentle slope, there is a lot of hunting area. Up where the cars park the sand is softer but hey, there are cars. Best time for that area is early morning or later afternoon when the cars are not there. Even still, I've rarely found much. Also, maybe it's me but I just don't find much good stuff on these beaches. I think most people are leaving their stuff at home or in the car now. Best time around the pier is after a big party weekend. In that area the sand is a bit softer further down towards the water and the drunks, well, you know what I mean there.

If nothing else, I have a good walk and talk to a lot of people who ask questions. Some don't enjoy that but I do, especially the kids when I can take something out of my pocket and throw it on the sand and let then listen to the sounds. One time on Flagler Beach I hit a few sounds and a couple of little kids were following me. I showed them where to dig and they dug up a few coins, luckily, and I let them keep them. Glad it wasn't a diamond ring that time. Now Flagler Beach has a LOT of soft sand good for hiding what's dropped.

Finnfoto you must be working for the tourist bureau,it's true we have lots of beach front ,lots of shipwrecks ,lots of tourists but we have lots of sand covering the shipwreck items,lots of metal detectorists working the beaches day and night,good finds are made once in a blue moon so don't think you are going to come to Florida and fill your pockets whit bling it's not going to happen whit out a lot of work and most importantly a lots of luck.that said good luck to you all I hope you find that treasure we all seek.:super:

Ditto on what Johnho and 8720roger posted. I live in the Daytona area also and pickings have been slim for a couple years now, at least for me. I have found 8 rings so far this year - 3 925s and the rest junk jewelry, but I only get out a couple times a week. As Johnho said I think a lot of people are now leaving the good stuff at home or in the car. Furthermore there are a lot of us out there on any given day. Gold is a rare find these days. Still, it is a lot of fun and I meet people from all over the world. You just never know what you will dig up on the beach. I also carry around replica "pirate treasure coins" and little toys that I find and give them to nice kids who are interested in what I am finding. Finally, if you are looking for solitude this ain't the place during the summer.

I wrote this in 2011, thought I'd share anyway. I'm well aware how conditions change and unless your Drayton on a continous basis your odds are still favorable with a little work especially for fresh drops .

Thanks for the Post,

I was just fueling up the Plane hoeing to hit your Beach after Depression # 9 comes in from the Gulf Coast.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ I don't know why it will not turn the link to Blue / golnugget