Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Flushing coins out of the ground cover and what a surprise I received! My "time machine" brought me back 220 years šŸ˜®

JimmyCT

After eating plenty for Thanksgiving, I knew I had to move my carcass lol I went to a park that has been hunted for decades and common areas have been pretty well cleaned out. Today I grabbed my AT Pro with the 5x8 coil and bounced around in the woods. In my 2 1/2 hours of walking through the woods I found a few wheaties and a couple clad coins. The sun was setting and the temperature was dropping rapidly so I headed back towards my vehicle. I stopped by near a little patch of woods that I have hunted before but not very well due to always having a much larger coil then the 5x8. As you can see there is a lot of ground cover and difficult to maneuver even with the 5x8" coil. I manage to slip my coil in between the brush covered ground and started scanning away. My first target was an extremely soft high tone. TID bounced up into the 70's then momentarily into the low 80's. I pinpointed the best I could and cut a plug. I had dug a good solid 6" with my digger then fished around in the hole with my pin pointer. Just off center at the bottom of the hole, my pin pointer confirmed the target was still in the hole. I dug another inch or two and pulled up the dirt. Fishing around again with the pin pointer I find the target in my dirt pile. At first I thought it was a quarter, then realized I had an old copper of sorts. šŸ¤”How in the heck did this find its way here in a park that is no where near this old? After arriving home, I hit it with electrolysis.... 1803!!!!!!
How in the heck did this get in this park and in this location I will never know. This goes to show, when vegetation dies off, get into these places where you think there is nothing there. You might be shocked like me.šŸ˜³

Attachments

• dime.JPG
    dime.JPG
    845 KB · Views: 103
  • ground cover .JPG
    ground cover .JPG
    846.9 KB · Views: 98
  • LC1.jpg
    LC1.jpg
    741.1 KB · Views: 100
  • LC2.jpg
    LC2.jpg
    612.6 KB · Views: 100
  • LC3.jpg
    LC3.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 103
  • LC4.jpg
    LC4.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 91
  • LC5.jpg
    LC5.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 91
  • LC6.jpg
    LC6.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 108
So Iā€™m looking and I swear it says 1802????
I would sit down at this point and bring out that little airline bottle that I keep hidden for special occasions for ā€œsettlinā€™ the nervesā€!!!!
Wonder if some settler was out chasing food and dropped it, the mystery deepens!! I see there were some different variations in that year, any way to determine?
Super neat recovery!!!

So Iā€™m looking and I swear it says 1802????
I would sit down at this point and bring out that little airline bottle that I keep hidden for special occasions for ā€œsettlinā€™ the nervesā€!!!!
Wonder if some settler was out chasing food and dropped it, the mystery deepens!! I see there were some different variations in that year, any way to determine?
Super neat recovery!!!
Yes, its 1802 lol Not sure why I had 1803 on the brain.

Two nice finds Jim!!
Those out of the way places can be productive.
And with what you have found at this park in the past, you never know what will turn up next.
A cache of silver quarters? šŸ«¢

That is a very nice surprise. With that kind of date there very well be more old, old there.

ā€¦I would sit down at this point and bring out that little airline bottle that I keep hidden for special occasions for ā€œsettlinā€™ the nervesā€!!!!
šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ‘

That 1803 large cent is an amazing find.
Imagine the stories that coin could tell.
Well done Jimmy!
Dave
Thanks Dave! I want the coin to tell me how the heck it ended up there lol