Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Flying Eagles on last Sunday's hunt

coinnut

This was last Sunday's hunt at a colonial cellar hole. Had a heart test with the half dollar and quarter (same hole), but no heart attack followed!!! But I was hoping, since we were at a real old colonial site, that the half would be a Bust or Seated, but I'll take silver any way I can get it. Two Flying Eagles showed up at different locations. That's a first for me, since I have never found 2 in one hunt! A good day over all even though it was 90 degrees outside:rolleyes:

Sir..what did they read as..or were you using your Tesoro

Excellent finds. Gotta love those flying eagles. I particularly like the bell. Congrats on the great hunt

Hey, I was using a DFX and they read real low (around 25-30) which in other detector talk is pull tab area. I was surprised that they were coins. The copper nickle composition, along with the mineralisation, makes them read like pull tabs. But in a colonial setting, pull tab readings are buttons and I guess Flying Eagles too.

Cool on the Silver half. I could count on one hand the silver half's I've ever found. Hard to loose a half dollar + looks like shiny man hole cover on the ground! You did great!

wow, coinnut, 2 flyers in a row... that's great luck by any standard. i found an 1858 flying eagle sunday too! they don't come around too often. i don't know if you saw mine, but i posted it up sunday eve. i had a super day last sunday too! congrats on the nice silvers, i know your're already looking forward to this weekend like i am. thanks, and hh!

Hey Ghost, I'll have to relook the posts for your Flying Eagle. You are right, they don't come around too often. I have maybe 3 before the last two, and that's in about 10 years of cellar hole hunting!!! I can't wait for Sunday so I can fail miserably:rofl: :rofl::devil: