Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Flying In some Equinox's ?

Doctorcoinz

Would it cost a fortune for Minelab to transport in some nox 's by plane ? I was thinking maybe they could have flown some nox 's over to a few dealers to satisfy some of the frustrated buyers and potential buyers.
I guess maybe it would hit into the profits way too much. Maybe say fly in a few hundred to the Uk and say a few hundred to the states.

I wouldn’t assume that ML uses sea freight for these. Most high unit value electronics go internationally by air.

Not a problem on cargo carriers, the problem is as cargo on passenger flights. In any event the restrictions are mainly on UNINSTALLED batteries - not installed in devices.

Doctorcoinz said:
.... Maybe say fly in a few hundred to the Uk and say a few hundred to the states.

But then youd have people STILL biotching because only "the dealers friends" got theirs while they still have to wait. Its a no-win situation so they might as well ship as large a volume as possible and then EVERYBODY waits a few weeks longer.

Yeah, ML needs to defy the basic laws of econ 101 so the people on the Eq waiting list can quit their whining. </sarcasm>
"Suck it up; your birthday will be here soon enough little fellar."

Champ Ferguson said:
Yeah, ML needs to defy the basic laws of econ 101 so the people on the Eq waiting list can quit their whining.
"Suck it up; your birthday will be here soon enough little fellar."

LOL @ Champ comment. :lol:

I suspect that you are correct. The value of the machines does not warrant air freight and all that expense. I can not imagine that Minelab would want to lose money on every machine they shipped which is what they would do using air freight.

Today they say that minelab has received the machines and they are ready to ship. However they did not say if they were shipping from Minelab Australia or Minelab USA. Next update from Minelab is supposed to be tomorrow.

Groundhogs Day???????

Well it is tomorrow in Australia...I would expect some news soon....

Minelab will either say the machines in the shops or main dealers or they are ready at the docks to be loaded onto the ship .
I heard about a 21 st February date in the shops a while ago so i think thats what will be the case .

My worry now is that the number of equinoxes per dealer will be low
in this initial shipment
resulting in some who preordered (and prepaid) very early on, having
to wait for next wave weeks away. I'm