Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Flying Tigers in Burma - 1942 Life Magazine...........

Kelley (Texas)

I came across this old story about the famous P-40 Flying Tigers that operated in Burma (China) at the beginning of WW II. This is the exact story as published in Life Magazine in 1942. While this story was not written by me, I do feel that it qualifies to be posted on this Forum. I do hope that you enjoy it as much as I did. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

http://cbi-theater-1.home.comcast.net/~cbi-theater-1/flyingtigers/flying_tigers.html

Would you like a challenge? Want to do something that is very inexpensive? Do something that would keep you busy and out of mischief? If so, take a look at this link. I am tempted to build one to see how it flies. You could print a copy of the Life Magazine 1942 story on nice paper, build the model, and have a nice display for your home. I have never heard of this hobby of making paper airplanes before and find it interesting. I will take a more in-depth look at the model instructions later today after I get a few chores done around here. There are also other models that you can also choose to build. You might even consider building one of these models for a grandchild. Kelley (Texas) :)

https://www.ece.cmu.edu/~koopman/airplanes/p40/

I did not realize they were in China, prior to Pearl Harbor! Like the story stated, They wer ready to go!
Fantastic!:thumbup:

and second, it is not very big if I am reading the instructions correctly. I am curious how well it flies. This weekend, I will go to Office Max or Office Depot and see about the paper that should be used to make the airplane. As for glue, I think that I will go to a hobby shop and purchase some of that "instant" glue. Our grandson will be spending the night with us, but I will not be telling him about it yet because once he sees it, he will pester me to start building it. It would be best to have all the building materials in my hands before I tell him about it. Have a great weekend up there in North Texas. Kelley (Texas) :)

Great! Thanks, My best friends father was a maintenence tech on those planes that flew out of Burma..I'll get this over to him since his Father just passed a few years back..I sure hope your grandkid gets hooked on building models, planes or otherwise, it helps develope the mind and creativity.
Mud