Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Folks, there was/is the DEUS and now the DEUS II.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Del, CB and others:

If my comments about the XP models came across us irritating to you, I am sorry. I'm busy with phone calls, PM's, and e-mails with people who have experience in this great hobby, and some have a lot of time on their Deus. Some have an ORX, and many have other detectors as well.

In conversations, others bring up how they are annoyed by adding a 'I' to Deus, I simply agreed with them and figured I would make a post. Again, Sorry, my bad.

As for hunting in iron contaminated places, I started periodically in May of '69 and then 85% or more after July of '83. From then to now, and evaluating a hefty number of detectors, I made it a point to select the one(s) that worked well for me. As of right now I have four models that work well in a variety of iron littered places.

Those would me my Tesoro Bandido II mictoMAX w/6" Concentric coil, Nokta FORS CoRe w/4.7X5.2 DD coil and FORS Relic w/5" DD coil, and XP ORX w/5X9.5 DD HF coil.

The ORX will likely go to be replaced by the Deus II w/9" DD.

Trust me. While the Deus is a good detector, so are the units I use in the places I hunt.

Monte
I dont care how long someone has been doing something that does not automatically make them the best at it or most knowledgeable...Tiger woods beat the socks off of guys who been playing the game 3 x as long as he had been playing. So you can quit starting off your post with I have been detecting for 59 years....Like that gives you some kind of knowledge authority over us so called green horns..

Case and point you name off three detectors and say they are good for iron...Good compared to what? A Deus in iron? I had the FORS CORE it is a joke compared to a Deus in iron.... Of course you would not know that as you have never had a Deus.
You also have been running around for the last year telling everyone how good the Apex is in iron...It didnt take long for anyone who had any detecting knowledge to figure out that was a load of crap. Bad thing is when you back a turd and it comes out you lose your credibility...
You would have done way better to make friends of us new guys than to try upstage us with your 59 yrs of experience and basically disagree or to try and pick apart everything we say. You have been coming into my post and doing that for a few years now. It stops today....last response on a public venue you are ever gonna get from me.
You dont have the knowledge to pick apart what I say about the Deus 1 or Equinox....
With that being said I am placing you on the ignore button....and loading my truck to go diving.

CB, how long did you have and use a FORS CoRe or FORS Relic? You have put in a lot of time with the Deus, and I appreciated a lot of your in the t comments. But did you put in the time in tough Iron sites that I have with the Nokta models I mentioned?

Remember, we all have different interpretations or descriptions of what an "iron infested" site is. One thing I and most others notice is that you tend to use larger-size coils and a lot of your 'comparisons' are related to 'depth' and that is fine ... IF you are hunting a site that doesn't have a lot of shallower masking trash.

But I hunt very littered places that hamper getting depth. So littered that it I s generally advantageous to use a smaller-size coil. I seldom see you work a smaller coil. And for you and your sites, that might be okay. For me and the places I have been hunting since mid-'83, smaller coils rule. Not just for me. But for most avid hunters who also frequent such sites.

And you are wrong if you think I am attacking you. It is just some of the demonstrations that I found lacking.

I have also made favorable comments about some videos. And called attention to the fact that I like your CalRelic program, and the fact that it points out how some Single Frequrncy and setting use can result in better performance than some SMF performance. That is also something I have pointed out for quite some time.

Garrett Apex performance in iron? Yes, I use the 5X8 Ripper coil and it worked better than an EQ-800 w/6" DD coil. I also comment that it is great for "fringe area" coverage which is where I grab it other than urban Coin Hunting.

Besides, we should always enjoying pickIng a detector and coils we like and not getting too pushy. Just let a person pick what they like for their budget and hunt needs.

I wish you the best of success today.

Monte

Look I am testing and working hard to bring everyone the information on the Deus II and someone post crap like this. XP has no problem with me calling it a Deus 1. I dont have time for stupid crap like this. Monte is older and has some problems and I am trying to be very mindful of that and respectful.
I know the Deus 1 like the back of my hand and I plan on knowing the Deus II like the back of my hand before long. I am not scared to put in the work in to do so either.
I think Monte is like kajunman and woodbutcher ..... They think people with slow southern accents or incorrect English grammer are stupid. I have forgotten more about the Deus I than those three know all together....
I blocked woody and kajunman because they trolled me around trying to make look like a dumb a and I got tired of their crap.
I get the feeling that Monte is kinda doing the same thing ....
Here is a quote from Mont e above...
(Please, just refer to them by their actual names of DEUS and DEUS II. If someone can't figure out the original model, maybe sewing or knitting would be a better hobby. )

Heres is what I got to say about that ...Someone thats been hunting Iron Loaded sites for years and they NEVER figured out that they should be swinging the best detector ever made for iron in those places (Deus 1).....Well maybe sewing or knitting would be a better hobby for that person...

I think I am just going to block him too this crap is making me behave badly...
This is some funny stuff right here. You have thin skin. You always will. It's the worst thing about you. If someone who you don't like, ask you a question or tries to have a conversation with you, immediately your tone goes snarky. You have a teenager temperament. It's fan boys or bust for you. Truth is, you have no idea if you would like us as a fellow hunter in person.

Look I am testing and working hard to bring everyone the information on the Deus II and someone post crap like this. XP has no problem with me calling it a Deus 1. I dont have time for stupid crap like this. Monte is older and has some problems and I am trying to be very mindful of that and respectful.
I know the Deus 1 like the back of my hand and I plan on knowing the Deus II like the back of my hand before long. I am not scared to put in the work in to do so either.
I think Monte is like kajunman and woodbutcher ..... They think people with slow southern accents or incorrect English grammer are stupid. I have forgotten more about the Deus I than those three know all together....
I blocked woody and kajunman because they trolled me around trying to make look like a dumb a and I got tired of their crap.
I get the feeling that Monte is kinda doing the same thing ....
Here is a quote from Mont e above...
(Please, just refer to them by their actual names of DEUS and DEUS II. If someone can't figure out the original model, maybe sewing or knitting would be a better hobby. )

Heres is what I got to say about that ...Someone thats been hunting Iron Loaded sites for years and they NEVER figured out that they should be swinging the best detector ever made for iron in those places (Deus 1).....Well maybe sewing or knitting would be a better hobby for that person...

I think I am just going to block him too this crap is making me behave badly...

No one trolls you calabash, your not that important to me...But I do read these threads like I read all threads,,and I should be allowed to comment... Your a narcissistic bully, no ones opinion counts but your own,, and this quote I posted from you kinda shows that...Grow up a little bit man,, accepting criticism is part of life,,,,,and this post by you I quoted above sounds like a 12 year old ranting.. I’m sure that’s not how you want people to perceive you right?

jealousy and envy is the root and at foot here. all calabash did was call the deus, deus 1(common sense) and out came the haters exposed and critical. i see it. i see the jealousy,envy,trolling, bullying. look in the mirror before you point your finger at someone else. calabash is, was doing us a service testing the deus1 and deus 2. watch,listen and learn

My god,I just realized this is Monte’s thread, I thought calabash started it like the dozens of others.... Monte,shame on you for making your own thread on the Deus forum, don’t you know calabash is working hard ,putting up thousands of videos on the Deus 2 ??..
And you come along and post your own opinion and start a thread on what the Deus 1 and Deus 2 should be called? What the hell is going on here? LMAO

My god,I just realized this is Monte’s thread, I thought calabash started it like the dozens of others.... Monte,shame on you for making your own thread on the Deus forum, don’t you know calabash is working hard ,putting up thousands of videos on the Deus 2 ??..
And you come along and post your own opinion and start a thread on what the Deus 1 and Deus 2 should be called? What the hell is going on here? LMAO
now comes the sarcasm and soon more name calling. like i said i see it. i see the pattern

now comes the sarcasm and soon more name calling. like i said i see it. i see the pattern
Nope, if you look above you'll see the only name calling comes from calabash... A little sarcasm from me,yea. But the name calling, that's all your boy ..

Reactions: tvr
No one trolls you calabash, your not that important to me...But I do read these threads like I read all threads,,and I should be allowed to comment... Your a narcissistic bully, no ones opinion counts but your own,, and this quote I posted from you kinda shows that...Grow up a little bit man,, accepting criticism is part of life,,,,,and this post by you I quoted above sounds like a 12 year old ranting.. I’m sure that’s not how you want people to perceive you right?
narcissistic bully? looks like name calling too me. you've exposed yourself again and again and again. cheap shots next?

My god,I just realized this is Monte’s thread, I thought calabash started it like the dozens of others.... Monte,shame on you for making your own thread on the Deus forum, don’t you know calabash is working hard ,putting up thousands of videos on the Deus 2 ??.

I think if monte would not have started off insulting people it would be different. I myself have been Detecting a long time , over 40 years , and I'm still learning from videos, posts etc and by guys doing this only 5 or so years. I have thick skin, but that doesn't give anyone the right to be an ass. Calling the deus 1 is stupid and should quit Detecting now and find a new hobby like sewing or knitting. Wtf??? That in itself is shameful. Any of you guys complaining that calabash had some things to say, well WTF did anyone expect from a post like this? This isn't about thick skin. It's literally not the smartest post to make when you have 100 million years detecting experience.

Ok, time to be positive here. I like Calabashs videos, not all but most. Just being honest.
The fact that he got the new deus and made videos Is great. I mean,who wouldn't wanna look up the videos and see how the thing works , settings etc,,instead of doing a trial and error yourself. Thanks Calabash for doing the legwork so the rest of us don't hafto. .
The sarcasm,bashing and juvenile shit needs to end I agree,from all of us. No finger pointing here,I'm guilty myself . Too much drama over new releases all the time, should be a good thing for us hunters and not a omen

A. I think if monte would not have started off insulting people it would be different.
B. I have thick skin, but that doesn't give anyone the right to be an ass. Any of you guys complaining that calabash had some things to say, well WTF did anyone expect from a post like this?
A. Does that include C Bash when I asked why a 10' rating is crap, followed up with a valid statement of most will never need a detector rated for more than 10'.
B. Does this also include C Bash when he responded with these quips ? "Kajunman just to let you know you are in the big boys forum". Followed by, "Ok Kajunmom" then again with "Like I said you are over here in on the big boys forum now." All this was said before I ever took a shot at him. It was me trying to have a legit conversation and he melted. It was only after the condescending, snarky BS did I insult him. So, do the rules work both ways or just for the protection of C Bash ?

I actually went to that thread to see what folks were saying about the machine itself. Read a comment and asked a question. He certainly could have worded his "10 foot crap" comment a bit differently but chose not to. He's purposefully inflammatory and thin skinned when questioned. He deserves every bit that he gets. When he grows up and understands that people aren't out to attack him, maybe he won't get the blowback.

A. Does that include C Bash when I asked why a 10' rating is crap, followed up with a valid statement of most will never need a detector rated for more than 10'.
B. Does this also include C Bash when he responded with these quips ? "Kajunman just to let you know you are in the big boys forum". Followed by, "Ok Kajunmom" then again with "Like I said you are over here in on the big boys forum now." All this was said before I ever took a shot at him. It was me trying to have a legit conversation and he melted. It was only after the condescending, snarky BS did I insult him. So, do the rules work both ways or just for the protection of C Bash ?

I actually went to that thread to see what folks were saying about the machine itself. Read a comment and asked a question. He certainly could have worded his "10 foot crap" comment a bit differently but chose not to. He's purposefully inflammatory and thin skinned when questioned. He deserves every bit that he gets. When he grows up and understands that people aren't out to attack him, maybe he won't get the blowback.
where is your focus? can you move on? can you get over it? is that important?

Yeah I'm not disagreeing with anything you said.. but you and him need to figure that out. I was only pointing out that monte , of all people should not start off a thread like this. You and Cal need to figure out your issues lol. I don't have any issues with either of you. Or most anyone for that matter. But we all do and say dumb stuff that's what makes us human.

where is your focus? can you move on? can you get over it? is that important?
Where is yours ? Is it to track down who says what about C Bash and retort ? I've had convos with Bass before without any BS, that's why I chose to ask him. If he replies, I expect a fair response. You on the other hand, not so much.

Yeah I'm not disagreeing with anything you said.. but you and him need to figure that out. I was only pointing out that monte , of all people should not start off a thread like this. You and Cal need to figure out your issues lol. I don't have any issues with either of you. Or most anyone for that matter. But we all do and say dumb stuff that's what makes us human.
And there is it. A fair response with no BS. Can't thank you enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.