Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Football anyone?

Lil Brother

A post a little while back that Arkie wrote about his Mother hanging out the wash brought back a memory about my Mother one day when I was a kid.

For those of you who are new to the forum, Arkie, Sunny, and myself are all brothers and sister. On this day I am about to write about, Arkie was probably working with my Dad trying to finish up the new hotel in Little Rock---The Camelot, while Linda was probably out kissing on Skippy Turner somewhere around the Tyndall Park swimming pool. It was a hot summer day with very high humidity and the natives were restless.

Today's adventures had already taken me up Military Road on my bike to meet Danny Wilmoth. Since he was the more rowdy of the two of us, he mounted up on my bike,(a 26 inch from Otasco with a passenger seat behind the main seat and a headlight), and I got on behind him and away we went to Ray Carter,s house. We picked up Ray and his bicycle and stopped by the gravel pit for a couple of quick smokes.

When we got though, we had all decided to go to my house to play football and maybe bum 50 cents off my Mom so we could go to Fullingtons store later.

Mom worked 11-7 at one of the local hospitals so at some point in the day she tried to sleep a little. It was not to be this day because we had already woke her up when we got a light for a smoke out of her car and slammed the door. I guess Mom just said the heck with sleeping and got on out of bed to make sure that we didnt get in to any serious trouble.

I had been honing my punting skills and just couldnt wait to show Danny and Ray. Mom was out by the clothesline hanging out clothes and of course, I couldnt wait----and besides that, I was going to punt the ball OVER the house.

The opportune time came,(Mother was finally waking up a bit, but was in her on little world just a humming away), so I dropped-kicked the ball from about ten feet away while Mom had her back turned.

It was in SLOW_MOTION as the football hit my poor Mother as square in the back as if I had planned it that way! Just like in the comic strips, her false teeth came out of her mouth, but she caught them before they hit the ground. It was me that wanted the Heisman Trophy, but it was Mom that made the play-of-the-year!:lol:

She recovered well---just enough to tell us to go down to Ray's house and bug his Mom for awhile, but not before she gave us 50 cents to go to Fullingtons Store.

I thought about this the other day when Arkie had made his post and this is the memory that evolved. It wasnt funny back then; at least not until we were all setting on the swing at Fullingtons drinking our 16 0z RC colas and stuffing our guts with chocolate. Today I look back on the moment and realize that even as a 9 or 10 year old boy, the FORCE of that football hitting Mom MUST have really hurt. She forgave us, but when I was doing the punting from then on, Mom got the heck out of the way!

Lil Brother:)

And it is sure good to see you back in fine form again. Your mother sounds like she was a saint!!! :)

Missed your posts.

calm seas

M

Now tell us about "sweet lips Linda". I'm with Mike on this one....details! :cheekkiss:

my mental visual of the football hitting, the teeth popping out and her making the midair recovery is sure funny now!!

Moms sure put up with a lot.

Thanks for the post and the laugh!! :D

Your post did make me laugh though ! Nice kick !!:rofl:

wanted you outa their hair! :lol: Good story Tom!

Dave

Momma's are the only people in the world we could get away with such,PLUS get fifty cents to boot!Good to hear from you again my friend.

I do know our mother rarely got mad at any of us! She was special! I do know had I been there you would have tried to blame it on me, tho! And by the way.............back then kissing Skippy Turner was like kissing the concrete wall at the swimming pool! I was probably all of twelve or thirteen!!!! :shock:

the things i did to my Mom, unintentionally, well i woulda killed me!:lol:
Are you feeling good these days?
Wayne