Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

For all the guys and ( gals ) who have been detecting for a while ( like me almost 30 yrs ) what haven't you found yet.....

15 years of swinging, still no War nickel. I have never dug a trifecta of anything either. I have been fortunate to have dug some good stuff over the years, thankful for what I have dug.
T-DUB, usually a nickel VDI's in the 18-22 range on the DFX or V3i. But the War Nickels, because of their composition, can VDI as high as 35. I rely mostly on the audio response. At a sight that yields wheat cents and or silver coins, I dig just about anything that gives a good audio response and pinpoints coin or jewelry sized. Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

After 13 years I finally found a V nickel. Actually 2 on the same day. But have yet to recover the elusive seated coins... hhricknmi

that you think you should have... ie. Believe it or not I still haven't dug a seated anything !!! I know all about location, location. yada yada yada.. I've hunted many many areas that dated back to 1860's 1870's etc.. Barbers, 2 cent pieces, large cents, indians and so on have made it into my pouch.

What do you think. Continue the discussion.

Mark ( ohio )
Don’t feel mad it took me for ever to find my first seated dime and I’ve dug much older rare coins the seated had me. There still a few coins I like to find the Flying Eagle is in the top 10 lol

I live in western MA.. My bucket list is long . Things I haven't found . GW button , any gold coin , any spanish realles , trime , half penny , shillings , 2 cent , 3 cent , half dime ... There are more to list but cant think of right now. This is a great topic to discuss. im more of a weekend warrior when I have the time. Detecting is one of my passions. I have found many many flat, colonial buttons as well as colonial coins , silver coins , the infamous flying Eagle penny . relics beyond measure. Im going to be 58 in March 2024 . I hope to cross off some bucket listers while im still young. Thanks for staring the discussion. HH. Ron

I basically beach hunt, 20+ years. Ive found every kind of gold jewelry imaginable. Yes, I do have a few nice size engagement rings, too.
The only land hunting I do is in England, another 20+ years there, too. Just came back from 2 trips and Ive been in search of a gold Celtic stater and hammered gold coin.
Didnt fine either. However, I did find two 1/2 crown silver coins which is a first. Both the size of silver dollars. 1st coin is Charles 2nd 1673, too bad its so worn as it would have been worth 5,000 pounds in fine condition 2nd coin is Charles the 1st 1625 hammered silver. Maybe next trip I'll find the hammered gold !!! I do have 2 English gold coins and one American.

Attachments

• IMG_6257 (1).jpg
    IMG_6257 (1).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6101 (1).jpg
    IMG_6101 (1).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6258.jpg
    IMG_6258.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 60
I basically beach hunt, 20+ years. Ive found every kind of gold jewelry imaginable. Yes, I do have a few nice size engagement rings, too.
The only land hunting I do is in England, another 20+ years there, too. Just came back from 2 trips and Ive been in search of a gold Celtic stater and hammered gold coin.
Didnt fine either. However, I did find two 1/2 crown silver coins which is a first. Both the size of silver dollars. 1st coin is Charles 2nd 1673, too bad its so worn as it would have been worth 5,000 pounds in fine condition 2nd coin is Charles the 1st 1625 hammered silver. Maybe next trip I'll find the hammered gold !!! I do have 2 English gold coins and one American.
Very nice finds donna, always wanted to do the across the pond trip. Was going to treat myself to the trip as a 45th birthday present to me.......... Oh well 18 yrs later still haven't done it and probably never will. Hope you score the gold on your next outing there.

Very nice finds donna, always wanted to do the across the pond trip. Was going to treat myself to the trip as a 45th birthday present to me.......... Oh well 18 yrs later still haven't done it and probably never will. Hope you score the gold on your next outing there.

You should try it just once. Its not easy but sure is fun when u find something good !!!

HH
Donna(NJ)

that you think you should have... ie. Believe it or not I still haven't dug a seated anything !!! I know all about location, location. yada yada yada.. I've hunted many many areas that dated back to 1860's 1870's etc.. Barbers, 2 cent pieces, large cents, indians and so on have made it into my pouch.

What do you think. Continue the discussion.

Mark ( ohio )
A gold coin. Lots of gold rings, Gold jewelry, etc but the god cons, never.

Sorry if it was taken wrong, I did not mean to insult anyone. I tell my stories as I can remember them. All are true as I am not a liar. Yes, in my life I have traveled a lot, all in the USA. And Yes, I am not wealthy Just enjoyed a long life. I wish to pass on my finds. Maybe the guys here can use some of my knowledge to better finds. Never did much park searching but hunted the grass between the road & the sidewalk.. Keys & coins mostly. Some rings also. camp gronds are good, a lot of trash but other things pop up also. Don't know how many tent pegs I've dug but many So my advice is to hunt where a lot of folks once gathered and left. Your finds will increase. Good hunting

Bucket listers? Any of the “odd” cent coins such as half dimes or three cent etc etc. a gold coin, anything civil war……
I found a 1841 seated dime that made zero sense to me as my area wasnt even a state until 1887. It was explained to me somebody travelled thru the area with pocket change they brought with them and dropped it. Look in your own pockets and check the dates on some of your change, bet you have coins 40-50 yrs old!