Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

For some reason my Etrac sounds muffled with headphones

silverman

I've had an Etrac in the past, and recently bought a used one online. It sounds fine without headphones, but muffled with them. I don't have that crisp silver time with the headphones like I do when in not using them. I know the headphones work fine, because I use them on my other machines. Any suggestions, or settings I could use to help this? I really hate the thought of already sending it off.
Thanks

It's not sunrays where you have to flip the switch is it?.....sometimes...mine sounds different...when ..I move the headphones plug....I have a cover on it (the handle by the headphone plug..and it messes with the plug...and makes it sound..different..........could be the prot where the headphones plug in?

They are actually Black Widows. I do have to flip a switch when I change from my F75. I don't have any kind of cover for it that would get in the way. I just can't figure out why it sounds muffled. I will try messing with the plug again today, but if didn't help yesterday.

Thanks for the input!

Did you use the Black widows with your prior etrac??? If not, could be your headphone speaker impedance.

silverman said:
I've had an Etrac in the past, and recently bought a used one online. It sounds fine without headphones, but muffled with them. I don't have that crisp silver time with the headphones like I do when in not using them. I know the headphones work fine, because I use them on my other machines. Any suggestions, or settings I could use to help this? I really hate the thought of already sending it off.
Thanks
I have and use Black Widow's as well and they are extremely clear and loud with my E-Trac..... so I would check the 1/4 inch plug end in your E-Trac as the problem and even buy a 1/4 inch in line (stereo) adaptor from radio shack to leave in your E-Trac plug-in then plug your headphone jack into it and see if this fixes the issue ! I have done this on my other machine, as it prevents wear from constant use of plugging in and out to the unit and these in-line adaptors are very cheap compared to fixing the internal plugs ! Hope this works for you !!

Thanks for the idea road apple. I would have never though to do that. That is a great idea. It's hard to describe the sound, but I've had the BW and Etrac combo before, and it was amazing sound quality.
Thanks